Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys first time posting on this site been reading alot of your threads though awesome stuff really helped me out. Anyways my question is i have recently took a buddies o1 660 under my arm, he came to me with it running but would stall if you took the choke off whether it was warmed up or not. So naturally i took the carb apart cleaned it really good and oh btw nastiest carb i have ever seen in my life!! Got it all put back together and she starts up and runs great now. Only thing is its throwing out thick clouds of white smoke no matter how long it runs also there is oil on the spark plug no matter how many times i wipe it off. I immediatly thought that the rings are wiped and should do a top end rebuild for him what do you guys think

·
Registered
331 Posts
I would say your correct, sounds like the rings are done. Have you done a leak down test on it to see what is has for compression?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i did not run a compression test because it starts almost immediatley and idles fine and is very responsive all thru the power curve so i didnt figure any compression loss

1 - 4 of 4 Posts