Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fan dosent work right. It overheat a bunch and when it does I shut it off and you can here the antifreeze bubbling and then when you here the bubbling stop and just turn the key back on the fan will kick on for exactly 30 sec then kick off and won't come back on till the antifreeze start to bubble again does anyone know why it does this I would just Hotwire the fan but I think it's something else but I would really like to fix it. It's hard to trail ride and not over heat. Please help. Someone who has a 450r said it was an eps sensor or something like that but I don't even know if a 660 has one of those.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Since the fan appears to function you can test the temp sensor by doing the following. The sensor is located in the bottom left of the radiator, if you take it out you can test it for function. Place a pan of water on the stove, you only need about 3/4 inch of water in the pan, place the sensor in the pan with the electrical connection terminals out of the water. You can use a cooking thermometer to measure the temp of the water. As the water heats up you will hear the sensor click, when the sensor closes (this would complete the electrical circuit for the fan normally) you can measure a short across the sensor's electrical terminals with a multimeter. You'll have to check the manual for the on/off temps but I believe it is on at 215 and off at 205ish.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts