Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
has anybody ever replaced the sealed bearings with cups and cones? if so curious what the part numbers are? tired or replacing stock bearings ever 4 months!

·
Registered
697 Posts
If your referring to a car style wheel bearing instead of ball bearings you need a different carrier. I could never find bearings the right size for the stock one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya im talkin about tappered roller bearings for a car.

·
Registered
507 Posts
PM Willykiller over on Raptor Forum. He used tapered bearings on his 660's IIRC. Hes olways doing one off type of stuff.

·
Registered
408 Posts
the factory bearings are sealed, if they aren't lasting any more than 4 months you have some other issues such as too tight a chain, axle bent or swingarm crocked in the chassis.
The seals around the axle keep the dirt away from them, they need to be in good shape as well.

·
Registered
697 Posts
the factory bearings are sealed, if they aren't lasting any more than 4 months you have some other issues such as too tight a chain, axle bent or swingarm crocked in the chassis.
The seals around the axle keep the dirt away from them, they need to be in good shape as well.
I agree. The spacer between the bearings could be damaged also. If it were me I would get a double row carrier and put Boss Bearing double wide angular contact bearings in it. They are ball bearings that give you some side load capability like a tapered roller.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i found tapered roller bearings that fit and they timkens so i know that they will last. i am milling the the inner lip that the bearing bottoms out on 4mm deeper cause the bearing i got are 4mm wider. hopefully i will be able to get a few mins to finish milling it deeper on both sides and get the bearings installed. ill post pics when i finish the machining. also went to the local bearing house and got timken seals that should last longer than the cheap seals you get.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya i got it fixed last week. i was able to machine out the carrier to accept the new bearings and it is workin great. im running a +5 rear axle and 22in tires so i hit the rear tires on alot of trees trail riding and that puts alot of strain on them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts