Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, thanks to Phucker on this site for allowing me to call him and get the quick fix for the PB issues. Bike runs like a charm....

Now, onto the next issue I'm charged with fixing, a leaking water pump weep hole.

I managed to remove the Water Pump Housing and disassemble it. I ordered a O-Ring for the cover, a Mechanical Seal and the Oil Seal however I'm a tad confused with the orientation of a few things.

Heres a picture of what I got.

In the picture at the bottom of the WP Shaft assembly theres a Rubber/Ceramic Seal that rides up on the shaft seating under the impeller, thats the Oil Seal?

To the Left of the WP Housing is a Spring, a Rubber Seal, and a Metal Ring looking cap. Inside of the housing, behind the bearing seems to be a pressed in metal/rubber seal assembly. I need to know how to set up the 3 pieces to the left, and how they fit onto the Metal Rubber Seal assembly thats pressed into the housing?

Does the spring simply ride on top of the pressed in rubber/metal seal inside the housing? Or do you kinda screw the spring in so that the rubber piece inside the housing comes up through the middle of the spring, meaning does the spring surround this pressed in Rubber seal? going all the way down so that the pressed in rubber seals top flange rides ontop of the spring seat? If so do I then put the metal ring (Farthest to the left) into the top of the spring, then insert the rubber seal (2nd farthest from left) on top of that?

I'm a bit lost if you couldn't tell and could use some help.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
You forgot to post a pic but for $32 I ordered the entire water pump cover with the seal in it from the dealership. I did not think they sold just the seal..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You forgot to post a pic but for $32 I ordered the entire water pump cover with the seal in it from the dealership. I did not think they sold just the seal..

I think I fixed the pic issue.

On Ronayers I ordered #9 and 8

[url]http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm/Module/Main/TypeID/3/Type/All-Terrain_Vehicle_(ATV)/MakeID/4/Make/Yamaha/YearID/44/Year/2003/ModelID/7903/Model/Raptor_660/GroupID/376037/Group/WATER_PUMP_[/URL]

Though his Microfiche looks different from what I have sitting in front of me, I guess I'll know better once I get the ordered parts in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
#1, is 107 dollars and change....

No need IMHO to replace everything, when it can be serviced with replacement parts. Housing, Shaft, Impeller are all fine, seals are what I need and ordered.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
#9 is tripping me up though as apparently from what I can figure without new parts infront of me, is that The Spring, Metal Hat Spacer thing , and rubber seal in my pic are all apart of #9, and mine just came out in 3 pieces, separate from the pressed in part that sandwiches the Oil Seal from the bearings...

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
Thats weird. Someone messed up when I bought mine. I got #1 for $20-$30.. Hmmm..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts