Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
KUNG FU SAND PANDA
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to www.yamaha-motor.com the new '09 models will be released on June 6th at 12 PM eastern.

Any thoughts on what's coming out, ie... FI YFZ450, new color schemes, any Raptor 700 improvements...

-Johnny

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just enough for me to say I should have waited another year. LOL :lol:

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
just makes me want to go buy the yfz on top of this one

·
KUNG FU SAND PANDA
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya gotta think if the YFZ450 ever comes out with FI, it should be faster then our Raptors, stock vs. stock.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
i dont know. and i can pretty much tell you it will have fi this year. i was suprised to see that it did not come last year. as far as being faster we will have to see. but to tell you the truth i could care less what it can do completly stock.i would like to see a big 3 vs big 3

·
R.I.P. Coop
2,192 Posts
An alternate model of the Rap w/Independent Rear.
A straight axle and a Independent rear!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
There were rumours at one stage that Suzuki was bringing out 750cc sport quads, wonder if Yamaha will up the stakes and shove in a BIGGER motor....the frame can handle it:banana:

·
KUNG FU SAND PANDA
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
YOU ARE AWFULLY OPINIONATED! One's preconcived notions are not the opinion of everyone!
That's good, because I am pretty sure I didn't say I was speaking for everyone when I said that "REAL SPORTS QUADS DON'T HAVE INDEPENDENT REAR SUSPENSIONS..." I was mearly stating how I felt.

-Johnny

·
Wheelie Master
510 Posts
INDEPENDENT REAR SUSPENSIONS has its place even in the sport realm IMO ... :D
Not saying i prefer it but would not mind 1 of each , if a raptor irs came out.

·
Registered
108 Posts
est ****?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ya gotta think if the YFZ450 ever comes out with FI, it should be faster then our Raptors, stock vs. stock.
or winches or fenders or skid plates?? Some of you sandbox riders piss me off..Who the hell are you to say that just because playing in a sand box takes no tallent..That everyone elses Raptors are not sport quads because we rig ours for the type of riding we do..I think Johnny baja should shut his mouth...Don't like opinions dont type asshole...You have a big mouth for someone that cant even change his oil without ruining your motor...:banghead:

·
Registered
66 Posts
opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they all stink

·
Registered
66 Posts
Im having fun with this one. I ride a lot of trails, So the IRS would be cool, however I believe IRS is better off on a utility quad due to weight and what not. I would ride a lot more dunes if I could, however I live in Massachusetts and there really isnt a whole lot of desert here. I do what I can, but hell, a mud pit isnt going to stop me (well hopefully not)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts