Modded Raptors Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys do you have to change your chain when adding one tooth to your front sprocket?I'm doing because I want more top speed and first gear more usable due to trails for recreational purposes......but I'm afraid I'm gonna loose acceleration because I race 300 ft drag.thanks and how fast you think it'll make the bike?and last and biggest concern how do I make my speedometer right?my rappys and 09 so it has a speedometer:/

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
the chain works fine with the extra tooth, it will make it way more manageable, i would do it to a stocker. it will probably pick up 3-4mph i would think. either way i would do it

·
Registered
112 Posts
i put one on mine and love it .. dont worry about losing acceleration on drags ..just launch in 2nd gear ... i raced my cousin with his raptor 700 on 500' drags and i beat him every time with just my 15t sprocket being different from his bike

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys but how abt my speedometer?

·
Registered
112 Posts
someone correct me if im wrong cuz i dont have the speedo on mine it's a 2007..but doesnt your speedo gives you how fast the wheels are turning ?.. if so you should see the correct speed.... only if you get bigger or smaller diameter tires will it throw it off ... changing the sprocket only changes the gearing and your speedo should still read correctly

·
Registered
95 Posts
There is no wheel sensor for the speedo....

·
Registered
728 Posts
he probably thinking about the vapor speedo.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I didn't like the 15T in the sand.....mods as listed. :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
162 Posts
If I may jump in on the topic and also ask ifI anyone ridn tight woods or xc has gone to a 15t with a big 5 mod...and found it beneficial. Most of my riding here is 2nd and third. I guess I wouldn't see a lot of 3rd anymore would I?

Painstakingly typed on my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ride no sand......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.