Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey yall im new to the forum.
I just bought a 2001 raptor 660. I don't really know whats been done to it besides the aftermarket cdi and the parking break delete
When you connect the battery, the bike just rolls over with out pressing on the start button. i have replaced the button on the bars, starter relay, and put a stock cdi on it, in hopes to fix it. The wires going to the cdi were chafed and touching so i fixed that and taped them up to prevent them from touching. i know that something is grounding the system out but cant seem to figure it out. Thank you

·
Registered
216 Posts
x

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey yall im new to the forum.
I just bought a 2001 raptor 660. I don't really know whats been done to it besides the aftermarket cdi and the parking break delete
When you connect the battery, the bike just rolls over with out pressing on the start button. i have replaced the button on the bars, starter relay, and put a stock cdi on it, in hopes to fix it. The wires going to the cdi were chafed and touching so i fixed that and taped them up to prevent them from touching. i know that something is grounding the system out but cant seem to figure it out. Thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't know if you ever fixed your starter problem but I found with my Harley that it was the guts of the starter solenoid which needed to be replaced. It was grounding out or making a connection while the engine was running, scared the hell out of me. I hope this is the case for you as well. Very simple to rebuild a solenoid. Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts