Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys iam trying to change the bearing and seals in the axle.
having a hard time getting the axle out can i put heat on the brake bracket
with out doing any damage to it.
Thanks

·
Registered
190 Posts
The first time removing the axle / carrier will be the hardest...

I didnt use any heat when i removed mine and it was a slow and steady process. basically what i did was remove all the required stuff....

Chain, Brake caliper, brake rotor, right wheel hub, two lock nutts.

Take a piece of wood and place it on the right hand side of the end of the axle. Then with a dead blow hammer beat the piss out of it until it comes out. Now i would check to make sure there is no damage being done to the threads durring this process.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey guys thanks the heat work really wel.can you tell me is the rear hub and the carrier the same thing .because everything inside there was shot and i need to replace it so i want to get the right parts.i alll ready have bearings and seals.but the left side i bleave that it is the rear hub and the spacer in there completely trashed.
thanks so much guys

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey guys thanks the heat work really wel.can you tell me is the rear hub and the carrier the same thing .because everything inside there was shot and i need to replace it so i want to get the right parts.i alll ready have bearings and seals.but the left side i bleave that it is the rear hub and the spacer in there completely trashed.
thanks so much guys
I guess if you like to do this again in the future you can use stock parts. But you need to get a good after market carrier. RPM makes a super heavy duty carrier that can take what ever you throw at it. 928-771-9363 ask for Brad.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I guess if you like to do this again in the future you can use stock parts. But you need to get a good after market carrier. RPM makes a super heavy duty carrier that can take what ever you throw at it. 928-771-9363 ask for Brad.
I found the first time apart to be bad, after that I haven't had a problem with the stock carrier, although I probably maintain it more often than I used to knowing what a bitch it was to get apart. I found putting everything together with assembly grease seems to help keep it easy to get apart.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts