Modded Raptors Forum banner

2008 yamaha raptor build suggestions?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  09RappySE 
#1 ·
Looking to build my 08 raptor duner/drag wanting to stick with stock stroke bore my goal is to reach 70-75hp Also building it to be reliable, on a 3k budget, I do not want to run race gas if possibe, Elevation where I live 52' mainly ride at oceano dunes,

#3 ·
I have a 2008 raptor 700 Sb/ss +1 head 500 lift cam,big three, fci, duals, MSD ,14:1 comp, +3 TB making about 71-74hp On 110 octane Depending on how hot the motor is. The bike has been great. I drag race the heck out of it and dune and trail it. I do worry about the stock rod giving out though. 3k would Get you fairly close. With used parts I’m sure it’s do able. a good -head-and cam is is usually about 1300 from a good builder. A good big 3 is usually another 1200-1500 depending on what exhaust you go with. I run DMC force 4s I really like them. but if I could do it over I would go with monster big core duals. 3k should cover head cam and a big 3 setup. The stock rods have been known to hold well up into the 80hp range but with it being an 08 it pry has a lot of ride time on it and it’s a guessing game on how long the oem rod will hold. I would suggest getting a falicon rod or crankworks rod trued and welded if you get some extra cash. Stay away from (HotRods cranks!!) So far I have been lucky with my stock crank but I would like to get a falicon in the near future. If you are really on a strict budget and wanting around 70hp I had a 12:1 piston hc3 +3 tb and big 3 build that made 64hp on a stock head. I think if you run this setup with a good stock valve port you could see 70 or very close to 70hp and accomplish this very well under the 3k mark and would be extremely reliable build.

#5 ·
Stock bottom end is pretty stout actually....I am still on my stock bottom end and I have run about a 100 pounds of spray (30 shot) through mine, had it apart last year and the crank and rod were well within spec. I am 14:1 and run a 50/50 mix of 110/93.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.