Modded Raptors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys so im working out a deal with this guy who just gotta 2010 Raptor 700 Se in a trade for a dune buggy. The guy says he knows he wont get his money its really worth because it has no title. So hes gonna sell it to me real cheap. My question is is there a way to get the title for it. The bike is originally from Pennsylvania and i live in Maryland. He gave me the vin and i couldnt find anything of it being stolen or anything. I dont think it is but would you guys be comfortable doing this and if so is getting the title an option once ive gotten it? thanks O yea and i am going to have him write me a bill of sale.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
99% of the time someone without the title, or mso owes money on it. and it being a 2010 im sure it isnt paid off is why it doesnt have a title. a long as u dont wanna get a loan on it it should be fine, or if u are required to register it

·
Registered
14 Posts
I came across the same exact thing. It was on a Polaris trial boss for my daughter. Guy was selling it cheap and told me he couldn't find the title for it. Seemed like a straight shooter so I took his word for it and gave him the cash. Never herd from him again even after multiple phone calls. Went to the dmv to get a bonded or lost title on it and there was a lean on it. Bank showed up took the quad and I never found the guy that sold it to me. Fricking A-hole!!!

sent from my dam phone using tapatalk

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
When I bought my raptor 700 it didn't have a title either....bought it from NY state and I live in PA....the guy told me he owed money on it, so I asked for the information so I could call the bank and find out how much was owed...I then sent a check directly to the bank (after I picked up the wheeler) and gave him a check for the difference....I made sure to copy his driver's license too.... a lot of ducks had to fall in line to make my deal work and thankfully, they all did...It turned out to be one of the best internet purchases we ever made....but, we were pretty lucky...I still wouldn't recommend it to anyone...even though mine worked out perfectly....just too many shady people in the world to risk it these days (even though I didn't take my own advice! LOL)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.