Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there. Im brand spankin new to this forum,so what better way to make a first post than to start off with a build. lol :banana:

We havent even rode this quad yet, its torn down and starting with the junk stock frame for starters. It will have alot of changes made to make it stronger,motors already build(just need a carb) and suspension is next. MY sons a test rider for this company so we will be the first to show off this sweet stuff.

What I wanted to ask is how are all the bib bores holding up? Whats a good Carb to go with on a built motor? That s one thing I have not researched yet.

And one last thing... Who all makes nerfs? I think we already know who we are going with but wanted to wait to make a final decision until I knew who all was out there.

One thing I have noticed is ...there is ALOT of these being raced now and yet, there is very little on the net about the 250. Strange..

This is our first Yamaha other than a Blaster /honda Hybrid we had.
We now have quite a mix in the garage .:lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome to the forums!
CTRacing.com has 3 carbs to choose from and also Tusk makes a nerf bar set.

Could you post some pics of your build?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome!
When we get things gathered in the garage, Ill def. post some pics..
After looking around...were leaning towards Rath or XFR on the nerfs I think.
Still not totally sure on a frame color just yet.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The best carb for a build raptor 250 motor is the Keihin 33mm FCR Carburetor Kit you can buy it off ctracing.com for $499.95

The tusk nerf bars are cheap and strong,i have them and i am satisfy, but if i had the mone id by the gytr, looks best and are bigger. Looking foward to seeing your build.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HOLY COW... 500 bones??! I was kinda hoping you would say that carb is good, but I hadnt anticipated that price tag. lol
We ran that carb on my Sons mini we just sold and had very good results.
This build my take abit longer than I thought.. we decided to try and get a few added companies in on the build so we will see!

Do you happen to know if there is any aftermarket plastic avail. yet and also what colors?
Does the nose piece come in red?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Glad to see a 250 build. I want to build my sons 250 up, but mine is coming first...

·
Registered
614 Posts
Ya,we will be watchin too, Cy will need some parts eventually.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hopefully things come together soon, my sons going stir crazy not riding. Def. want to get some good seat time in this fall when the weather is prestine. :)
Suspension should take about another month. The tires... hmmmmm... I dont want to give it away just yet, but were hoping to snag a set of XC tires that havent hit the US market yet. They are working on the compound for here in the states,they are a smash hit Internationally.. When they become avail. we were told we might get to test a set. There MX version we will have in a week or so. right now everything is just on the waiting game.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its been abit since I lasted posted but parts are starting to roll in, now we just need the chassis! lol
So far we have new wheels for XC and MX and the MX tires ... plastic is on the way along with a new set of bars. Also new seat cover and pipe arrived. Hopefully we can start the install within the upcoming weeks,its getting fitted for shocks soon down in Cali.
Ill get some photos once the quad arrives.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok heres a few !! lol :banana:

Well heres a few pics . Again, nothings installed but gives you an idea.

Plastic-
Isnt this puuurdy??!!!!!!!
I have been drooling at Maiers White Carbon fiber Plastic for a few months now- this was a must have!
Were setting off the colors to black and anodized red

As I was drolling over the plastic, My Hubby Troy was talking to the guys at Douglas wheels to get a tire and wheel package.

Douglas wheel has been such a smash hit for us over the years that it was a no brainer to chose them as not only our wheel package, but to give a try at there tire line up as well!!!
We will be using MX and XC versions of the tires.

We have a few different tire combos we are going to give a shot.We have a new XC tire that will be arriving in the upcoming weeks as well that has never been ran in the U.S. and we are going to give a rigorous beating in the Desert this fall. They are having some rubber compounds changed before they become avail.
Ill be sure to give some details on how the tire performed in the near future.

Motoworks plays a large roll in the Industry and we believe in supporting those who support our series.
We have been pleased with Motoworks pipe on Kelseys Suzuki 450 and are excited to see how the full system performs once its Dyno tuned with a built motor...

Last photo for now..
What build isnt complete w/o a Quadtech seat!

We debated on the hump seat, but Brandon tends to ride the rear portion of the seat alot, so we decided to keep it simple.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
LOL you know... even for stock these quads are great lil rippers!
We were told by our motor builder that we could even try the stock carb and see how it dials in on the Dyno when we tune it. I guess there is a couple carbs out there that are of very little help and can actually be of no help at all except breaking your wallet.
Its going to be a learning curve for sure.
Bars and levers and Stabilizer should be here next week!

·
SANDKRZY
1,060 Posts
Friggin looks very HOT Tina can't wait to see the bike all together. Thanks for all the updates.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have a couple chains in mind... but since we havent even ran this quad yet, I have no idea what to do about gearing?? Whats a couple good sprocket sizes to try for MX/WORCS/XC ? Would need gearing for hill climbing,MX and desert sections,only a couple tracks for fast sections.
I need to place an order this week so suggestions would very helpful-thanks!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts