Modded Raptors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read a ton of threads on here about 2nd gear issues with the raptor. I have the same issue but when i tear it apart i see no problems with gears or dogs. All looks good to me. No metal in the oil,no rounded or broken gears, so where do i go from here. Shifter linkage is worn a bit but is that my problem, not fully engaging 2nd gear only? Seems like it would have the problem in all gears.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Did you check the shifter drum. My friends '03 rappy has the same problem. Tore into it found nothing wrong with gears or forks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have read a ton of threads on here about 2nd gear issues with the raptor. I have the same issue but when i tear it apart i see no problems with gears or dogs. All looks good to me. No metal in the oil,no rounded or broken gears, so where do i go from here. Shifter linkage is worn a bit but is that my problem, not fully engaging 2nd gear only? Seems like it would have the problem in all gears.
check the clutch, clutch cable clutch basket. could be the clutch isnt disengaging all the way. Just and idea

1 - 3 of 3 Posts