Modded Raptors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

First post on here been stuck on the "other" forum lol

Been doing some 300' drags lately and like everyone else I'm addicted.

I wanna change my setup some so i can run down the track faster.
As of right now i have a 2007 700 se 2
+5 hr, je 11:1 (will change soon to a cp 11:1) stage 2hc uni filter, dmc afterburner duals, bo white trail port, stock valves.

I think it might be time to upgrade my cam maybe to a 5050. I trail ride mostly but like to do my dirt drags. I have a 13t and 15t with a 38 rear. Struts front and rear. Running 22" cst ambush tires in the rear.

I am thinking of making a 6-7 ft wheelie bar. Mounting it to my strut and to the rear link.

What kind of tires should i run, pro wedges 4 snows or something else?

Most tracks are hard packed but sometimes get loose.

Please help with changes that i need or whatever you think will help me win.
:rockon::rockon:

Thanks in advance,
Brandon

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.
No studs allowed :(
I have already contacted dan about his 50/50 cam
What are you guys thinking about gearing?
What type and size material did you use?
Also how did you mount it?

·
Registered
521 Posts
first step is decide whether you are going to build trail/drag build or a drag build imo its 2 totally different setups and you will end up saving money (lots) if you do it right the first time. about 75% of the people that come through my shop want a trail/drag build and 75% of them end up going all drag after a short time so they spend more money changing some of the things they coulda just went all drag the first time.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I'm definetitlly going for a trail/drag. I wish I could have a bike for each. But I can't lol. In my thinking I can at least swap out gearing, tires, and wheelie bar. I don't plan on making an all out drag build for a long time. I still love going out and ripping through the trails with my buddies.
My main focus isn't even power at the moment. But it's coming shortly lol.
I need a design for a good wheelie bar and good tire combo with the right gearing.

Thanks
Brandon

·
Banned
3,303 Posts
Pro wedges will work decent IMO, some of the trail/drag bikes I see here in Kentucky run them. But if its deep plowed then probably some haulers, 9 paddle maybe?

My bar is very similar to the one in the above picture. It is mounted to the back of the subframe where the threaded inserts are at, and it is mounted to the bottom of the cinch bolts on the swing arm.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Stock intake with a unifilter. I'm thinking of doing a +3 tb

I was also wondering how mounting the wheelie bar to my rear strut and my rear link.

Would that work? Or is that too narrow?

Without drag pipes and a rear grab bar wouldn't it be hard to mount up there?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was reading somewhere on a forum that you could. Figured for ease of removal. Where at on the sub frame?
How is everyone mounting to the pinch bolts?
Also are the cheng shin tires better than the pro wedges? For fairly hard packed dirt

·
Registered
891 Posts
I was reading somewhere on a forum that you could. Figured for ease of removal. Where at on the sub frame?
How is everyone mounting to the pinch bolts?
Also are the cheng shin tires better than the pro wedges? For fairly hard packed dirt
I have had both and the chengs were more consistent. The PW would hook great on one pass and spin pretty good and the next two.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What size should I run for a good drag setup on either or?

Brett can I get some closer pics of your bar all over it? Couldn't find too many good ones or the mounts and the entire setup. that would be great.

What's the best stuff to make it out of? Size and all that?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Whitelightning called it.
I picked up a complete set (8) heim joints with bungs for $76.00 delivered that fit 3/4 " tubing. Also bought 28' of 3/4 chromoly tubing for $109.00 delivered.
Both links for your review.

Wicks Aircraft - Aircraft Kits, Aircraft Fitting, Spruce Specialty, Chrome Moly Tubing, Aluminum, more - Wicks Aircraft, Highland, Illinois Chromoly source
4 Link Kit 3 8 x 3 8 24 Heim Joints 3 8 Bung Cone | eBay heim joint source

Good luck. Would be glad to post detailed pics if that would help.

Troy

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.