Modded Raptors Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Alright thanks guys!
Would i be better off to make a bracket that comes down below the exhaust?
So that it is easier to take on and off due to by duals and pro armor grab bar?

Troy any detailed pics of the build or just mounted would be awesome!!!!
I appreciate it big time?
How long is yours?
Would i be better off with a 6ft bar or 7ft bar? I am still stock swinger

·
Registered
645 Posts
Are you running rear plastics? If not... You could put some type of center mount in, at the middle of the rear, in the subframe. I'll try to draw something up, it's hard to explain. You don't NEED 4 bars, 3 will do if you're unable to mount them due to your duals.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I am running full plastic. I was just thinking that if I made a bracket that basically bolted up with the duals and grab bar then I could mount the wheelie bar to that bracket. If that makes any sense lol

I do see what you are saying tho. Just like a u bracket and the bar mount to the middle

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I've used several different setups over the years, but here are pics of a few... I've always used 3/4" x.058 Chromoly tubing.. You can get rod ends and weld in adapters at QS Components.. I get the chromoly from Stock Car Steel out of North Carolina.. Typically use 3/8 x 24 tpi rod ends... Hope this helps you bro...

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
That aluminum bracket is 1/4" thick aluminum....

Here is a link to the weld in bungs for 3/4 x.058 tubing.. They come in both LH and RH threads...

QS Components Inc. Quality Racing Rod End & Components

Here is a link to the rod ends... LH & RH also... Be sure to order jam nuts with these...

QS Components Inc. Quality Racing Rod End & Components

Here is the link to the 3/4" x .058 chromoly... its at $3.64 per foot right now...

4130 Chrome Moly Round Tube - 4130 Chrome Moly

Here is a link to a 5/8" hub for a go kart wheel.. this will bolt onto the wheel and the axle will slide thru it...

5 8" Front Wheel Hub Plain Go Kart Racing | eBay

Parts list..

(4) 7'-0" pieces of 3/4" x .058 chromoly
(4) 3/8 x 3/8-24 Economy Male RH Rod End
(4) RH jam nuts
(4) 3/8-24 RH Weld-In Bung .058
(2) 3/8 x 3/8-24 Economy Male LH Rod End
(2) LH Jam nuts
(2) 3/8-24 LH Weld-In Bung .058
(1) 1'-0" piece of say 1" x 1/8" thick flat
(1) 1'-0" piece of 5/8" alum rod

I usually build um 6' long on the bottom bars... use the pieces you cut off the 7' pieces to fit perpendicular between the bottom bars..
Also, use the cut off pieces of 3/4" to hold the axle for the go kart wheel.. That axle will be out of the 5/8" alum rod and you can just drill a hole and pin the axle to hold it in.. Go kart wheel bearing should be 5/8" on both sides... You will also use the extra 3/4 chromoly to make spacers to center the go kart wheel in the bar...
Top bars on the wheelie bar will need a RH at one end and LH at the other.. The bottom bars I use RH on both sides where they hook to the pinch bolts...
The flat bar is for welding on top of the bottom bars in front of wheel to allow adjustment and connecting point for top bars..

I hope I'm making sense, I'm just kinda rambling on and on... :lol:

Disclaimer... May need more parts depending on how many times you plan on phuckin up.... :lol:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
You made a ton of sense. This is something I love about the forums. Awesome people like you that go above and beyond any expectations.
I appreciate all your help so far

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.