·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
700lover, that was an insightful statement. You doubt that it would work because why?

The aluminum tank looks awesome, I personally don't want to shell out that much money for a couple more gallons.

Velocyraptor, you have had an after market tank on a 660. How similar are the mounts between a 660 and a 700.

I don't want to play ignorant here, I know an external fuel pump will work, I just am trying to figure out if a tank made for a 660 will mount to a 700s frame.

Thanks for the input

·
Registered
50 Posts
The 660 tanks do not fit the 700 and there is a lot of modification to even get it to stay mounted. I have talked in depth with the people at Clark Mfg and they have no plans even slated to build a larger after market fuel tank for the 700. I explained to them what I was doing with the aluminum tank and they said it was great and they would love to get a proto-type to see if we can do a joint effort on something. I have already sent them tons of pictures and design ideas now that I patented my fuel tank. I hope I can get a great thing going with them to do a plastic one later.

My best advise, buy someone elses tank if you have to(but try to come up with your own). Then try to make it better, but make sure that it is you own style and fits your needs. Once you have done all you can, hopefully you made your own tank and havefun with it. Let me know how you make out.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks Rich, your tank looks great. And I took your advise and bought a 660 tank off ebay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts