Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can top my 350 out at 50...Does that seem right? I have a gytr full exaust and a gytr filter if that matters...I dont know if its been rejetted but im going to buy jets...Are Yamaha's good the GYTR?

Thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
50 mph

Hi right i have a raptor 350 with 14 tooth front sprocket and standard rear sprocket,gytr air filter ,white bros exhaust dynateck cdi ,and its been rejetted and my quad does 86 mph so you must have something set up wrong and that with the standard yamaha speedo,and i has been clocked at 90 miles per hour.

·
Registered
30 Posts
50 mph

now added fmf powerbomb header pipe ,so goes a little more and thats with maxxis goldspeed tyres on 10 inch rims

·
Registered
840 Posts
Hi right i have a raptor 350 with 14 tooth front sprocket and standard rear sprocket,gytr air filter ,white bros exhaust dynateck cdi ,and its been rejetted and my quad does 86 mph so you must have something set up wrong and that with the standard yamaha speedo,and i has been clocked at 90 miles per hour.
:cookoo:a 350 with those mods??i dont think so bud

·
Registered
30 Posts
50 mph

i can tell you it does my mate has a warrior and that goes over 85 mph and thats with a trailtech speedo ,and i have three mates with raptor 700r and it will go just as fast as theirs apart from theirs gets their quicker ,even my mate with his turbo raptor was shocked .i,ll put a clip up soon to show you so you can see for yourselves its no bull shit

·
Registered
30 Posts
just throught i would add my raptor 350 done 76 mph standard thats with a 14 tooth front sprocket and that adds about 5 mph on its own with the extra 1000 rpm cdi .

·
Registered
30 Posts
50 mph

have you undone the screw on the thumb throttle so you win it out so you get full throttle ,as in the uk they are screwed in so you dont get full throttle .

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Soooooooo....does 50 sound right?

·
Registered
840 Posts
i can tell you it does my mate has a warrior and that goes over 85 mph and thats with a trailtech speedo ,and i have three mates with raptor 700r and it will go just as fast as theirs apart from theirs gets their quicker ,even my mate with his turbo raptor was shocked .i,ll put a clip up soon to show you so you can see for yourselves its no bull shit
alright then matey post up the vid cuz i think your full of it, i can change my vapor to say my raptor will do 120 miles in hr if i put in the right wheel size the magnets on so lets get real here,and are you gettin km/h and mph mixed?:coolshades:

·
Registered
30 Posts
50 mph

well iam not using a vapour speedo ,i still have the yamaha factory fitted speedo which has been set for the wheels iam using ,their is no way 50 mph is the right speed for a raptor 350

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so....i dont think its been jetted...so does it need rejetted...is that why

·
Registered
441 Posts
You have a freer flowing exhaust and intake. I'd deff have the jetting checked out. Coudl being running a tad lean.

As for the 350 doing 90mp/h. 90km/h would come out to 56mp/h. Which sounds more reasonable. I've never seen a 350 with a factory speedo either. Must be something they have to install for people in the UK...

·
Registered
704 Posts
I had a '05 350 with 13 and 14 tooth, big gun rev box, FMF Powerbomb, HMF Slip-on, p&p head, stage 1 cam, Proflow with k&n and jetted and it only got to about 62-64. Now if I ran it for another 4 minutes and down hill I may have got 68 out of it. LOL

yeah your 50 mph sounds close.... I have always heard about these 80-90mph 350's but never any real proof. I call B.S.

wheel size is not what is important, overall tire size is.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts