Modded Raptors Forum banner

660 needs help!!!

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  urbassicraptor 
#1 ·
04 raptor 660 cant get iol back to the tank. It has a new pump, screens are clear and new ballcheck. im using the center case from an 01 and all my covers and parts from 04. theres oil getting to the top of the head but will not go to the tank. I have split the case a number of times going through this step by step from yamaha service manual and cant find anything done wrong. I did replace second gear but all is there.

#3 ·
clutch cover ball check

Its brand new. i just took it all back apart and double checked the gear assemblies and orings and seals. All are good and brand new. All i can think it is at this point is that i frankenstiened my motor with a 01 crankcase. It is a different part number from factory. The 02 thru 05 have the same factory part number. It has to be that. I have one ordered and on its way. so we shall see. If you have any other ideas, let me know please. Thanks, John.

#4 ·
Well, I cant say for sure. But I have bought a 05 case and put all into it. Now my problem is gone. The oil is circulating and all is working great. It must have been the 01 case. Just FYI everyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.