Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I bought this raptor on Wednesday, it ran great, I took it out today and it ran great as well. I broke out the pressure washer and washed the 660 and the 700. I started the 700 and the wife started the 660, The fuel was off apparently and it stalled within 30 seconds, I turned the fuel on and it ran ok for about 500 yard then started running like total crap. We could get it to idle and as soon as we gave it some throttle it would sound weird and sputters. I towed it home with the 700 and when I got there I looked it over and I cant see anything that is disconnected that shouldn't be so I'm guessing I got water somewhere but where is the question. I let it idle for probably 5 minutes then it died and I've been having trouble getting it started now, every few times if i full choke it fully i can get it to run but not for long.

Please help, My wife is dying to ride! and I think that she is going to steal my 700! :lol:

I took a video

·
Registered
755 Posts
did u look inside the air box? could be sucking water

·
I am smarter than you....
2,051 Posts
take your carbs apart, one of your floats is stuck closed... happens all the time with the new shitty fuel we have to use.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I fixed it or at least I believe that I did, I won't know for sure till it stops raining and I can ride it.

Turns out it was out of gas. There was just enough in there to make it look like there was more in there than I thought. I went to remove the gas tank to try and get to the spark plug and when I lifted it up it came right up like it was empty.

I feel like a moron, but I'm glad that it isn't screwed up.

Now what kind of spark plugs do these take? I tried two different spark plug wrenches and I can't get them in there. the bigger one which I suspect it is would only go a inch or so in. The spark plug wrench from my 700 doesn't fit either....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts