Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know if the 700 motor will fit in the 660 frame with out any major modifications? If you happen to know somone that has made this modification, can you please send a pic...

·
I am smarter than you....
2,051 Posts
well i guess i am the guy to talk to about this.

to make it fit you have to grind the right hand side of the swing arm about 3/4 of an inch to make room for the engine, you have to make a new lower mount and upper mount. i think it took me about 3 hours to make all of the brackets. i still have to remake the lower brackets just to make them look pretty. if i can i will take pics of it in the next couple of days after i get my engine back together. getting it in the frame is one thing making it run is another. if you are actually gonna do it let me know and i can give you some more help.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm kinda sorta toying with this idea as well. Can't find jack for 660's anymore and I don't want to sell it and start all over with a 700. If you made a write up on the conversion it wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit, lol. Not necessarily a detailed step by step spelled out in excruciating detail write up but more like tips and tricks along the way.

Thought about the head/jug swap you did but then it's probably easier to swap the whole thing out.

·
2,051 Posts
i didnt do a head swap, mine is a full out 700 engine. and when i am feeling better i will write it up for you guys.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
phuckenquad is lookin good!

·
2,051 Posts
oh ya, then i ripped it apart and made it into an 804 and the sleeve failed within 20 minutes. my new nikasil cyl is at barkers shop waiting for him to take pics of it so i can dump it in.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Oh, I thought you did a head swap then later swapped in a whole other engine. Did somebody do just a head swap?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
phucker, thanks for the info. i am really debating whether or not putting a 700 motor in my frame but having to modify the swingarm is kind of a turn off for me. would you be able to maybe take a picture of the swingarm modification?

your bike looks bad ass by the way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
when you put the 700 engine in, did you adapt the wiring, or did you use the whole 700 wiring harness and now yours is fully fuel injected, if so then you have a complete 700 engine and wiring from headlight to tailight from thumb feed to kill switch, is this right, the grinding mod is nothing, imore concerned with the wiring setup, also does it now have a 700 gas tank. thanks.

·
2,051 Posts
ok heres a list of what it has.

700 harness
700 run/kill switch
pcV
all 700 sensors
mid 90s ford f150 frame mounted fuel pump
660 gas tank
custom barker exhaust- barker 660 duals would work just fine on it
custom intake
custom head stay mount and lower mounts.
modified 660 swinger, i will measure a 700 swinger later today and see if it would work instead.

making the 660 swinger work was easy, just made the area where the engine goes inside of the swinger wider.

and thanks for the compliments guys

·
Administrator
5,646 Posts
Phucker is not on here much anymore, this is a 4 year old thread. You can try to PM him, that would be more likley to get his attention.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts