Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All.

Been a while since I've posted anything, and I've got some questions on a motor build. I'm getting ready to build a 780 motor ( hot rods 5mm crank with a trinity 105.5mm cylinder. 10:1 comp.) What type of cam do you think I should run with this motor config? The head will be a stock port and valves for now cause I can't afford a port job. Have a +3 tb, drag pipes, dynatek prog. ign. and fuel controller, and 550cc injector. Also with nitrous I'm spraying 25hp now with the parts I've listed and the motor has been running awesome on pump gas. How much will the new motor hold on pump gas? How about 110 or 112? Just looking for a ball park range so I don't blow this new motor up the first time out after break in. One more question sorry. Is it possible to hit 100hp on nitrous with a 780cc? Thanks for your time and replies.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hey All.

Been a while since I've posted anything, and I've got some questions on a motor build. I'm getting ready to build a 780 motor ( hot rods 5mm crank with a trinity 105.5mm cylinder. 10:1 comp.) What type of cam do you think I should run with this motor config? The head will be a stock port and valves for now cause I can't afford a port job. Have a +3 tb, drag pipes, dynatek prog. ign. and fuel controller, and 550cc injector. Also with nitrous I'm spraying 25hp now with the parts I've listed and the motor has been running awesome on pump gas. How much will the new motor hold on pump gas? How about 110 or 112? Just looking for a ball park range so I don't blow this new motor up the first time out after break in. One more question sorry. Is it possible to hit 100hp on nitrous with a 780cc? Thanks for your time and replies.
If you arent going to do the head right now I would run an HC2 with a lower comp 780 with no head work. What is with the drag pipes though? I would run a good set of duals. Don't get the 550 injector either get the pink one from DL700. As for nitrous it should fine adn you should be able to hit 100, make sure you have a lock-out on your bike; I would go with a slingshot to hide it though. And it will run fine on pump gas.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
i have a 771 i run 13.1 piston and x-4....
since you have no head work just go with hc3..... and triple digit hp is easy with spray!

also def get a lock.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I dont know a lot about nitrous but I know that you will be able to hit 100 with nos. Ive seen a 727 (I believe) on nos hit over 100. And yes you will need a lock-up to hold all the instant power

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for your help. Guess my next purchase is a lock out clutch. Oh well, baby steps i guess.:thumb:

·
Registered
380 Posts
As a general rule you can run half the hp of nos that your motor is putting out n/a. So if your motor is putting out 80 hp on motor you should be able to safely run a 40 shot of nos. That will get you over the 100 hp mark.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Which Nitrous kit are you using?
Its a kit I put together. Nos cheater solenoid and Nos cheater fuel solenoid, Nos "soft plume" fogger nozzle, a relay from radio shack and Nitrous approved lines and fittings. Basically an "on the cheap" system thats home built but works very well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts