tube/filter flange = knurled
Filter flange O.D. = 4.50
Bolt pattern = 3.80 threaded

ROSSIER:
Inner diameter. = 2.65 in.
tube/filter flange = ribbed (6/4)
Filter flange O.D. = 3.50
Bolt pattern = 4.85 smooth

TRINITY........................FUELATV.....................ROSSIER............

·
Registered
720 Posts
I took some pictures to compare the billet adapters against eachother. As you can tell from the pictures both openings are exactly the same. Both units start at 3.5" and taper down to the 2.5" with the biggest difference being the Monster has a longer and a bit smoother taper but not by much.

I even weighed them out for you guys

Trinity 9.8oz

Monster 13oz

·
Registered
720 Posts
I think the biggest difference now when purchasing an intake is that the Trinity no longer uses a KN brand intake. They use a knock-off cheap brand. Monsterflow still uses the YA-3502 KN.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the Trinity falls behind in the looks department with a poor finish ... they dont even bother to engrave their name on it...
good info

·
Registered
284 Posts
Good info guys i was just starting to research the different sizes on the different brands. Thanks again

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
......in the end the powerband of the raptor is limited to the stock intake tube design and the rpm range it is optimized for!

·
Registered
205 Posts
so in reality, unless you change your intake tube the adapter really doesnt do much?? Have you done any testing on the difference in filter types? i.e. K&N VS aftermarket foam filters?

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no i havent...but their doesnt seem to be enough of a hp difference to matter, personal preference thing...
the adaptors make a slight change but not a huge difference.... the biggest difference is in filter size and cleaning intervals

·
Registered
205 Posts
thats what i thought about the adapters. it would be intrestin to see a compairison between a KN and a good foam filter though. We have already found that th efoam works much better at filtering fine stuff but how much proformance is lost in return.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I think the stock adaptor has that screen blockage cone thing in it

·
Registered
25 Posts
So what do you guys think of the pro design intake w/foam filter? I just took mine back to the shop after picking it up this week. I got it home and noticed it was out of round or not machined right on the inside dia on the left side with the arrow on the adapter at the 12:00 position. Not sure if the pro design was supoosed to be that way but when compared to the GYRT adapter at the shop it sure didnt look right. :eyebrow:

·
Registered
101 Posts
So what do you guys think of the pro design intake w/foam filter? I just took my back to the shop after picking it up this week. I got it home and noticed it was out of round or not machined right on the inside dia on the left side with the arrow on the adapter at the 12:00 position. Not sure if the pro design was supoosed to be that way but when compared to the GYRT adapter at the shop it sure didnt look right. :eyebrow:
I noticed the same thing with my adapter. I was like WTF? I then did a search for some pics. Looks like that's the way they are. See below link for some pics.

http://www.moddedraptor.com/community/700-specific-how/518-how-install-intake-system.html

·
Registered
25 Posts
I noticed the same thing with my adapter. I was like WTF? I then did a search for some pics. Looks like that's the way they are. See below link for some pics.

http://www.moddedraptor.com/community/700-specific-how/518-how-install-intake-system.html
Thanks tuffguy would have never figured they where supposed to be like that but at least I know now. :thumb: I go back to the shop next week to pick up my new pro design intake. The guys at Yamaha shop didint even know if it was supposed to be like that either. :banghead:

At least I am in no hurry yet to put it on my exhaust system and fuel controller are not being ordered untill March 13th.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I can't agree with this statement. The powerband has alot more to do with a combination of components not just 1 component.
smaller builds under 55 hp may not benefit from the FCI or other redesigned intakes but yes, u do have to have all the right components to build hp in the higher rpm's... the STOCK intake tube is NOT one of them....if your bike is not running a modified timing curve then u will not see a big gain in the higher rpm's with the different intake tube...

guess u never tried cutting some inches off the WHITE KNUCKLE intake tube

1 - 20 of 38 Posts