Modded Raptors Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
here is 11:1,RHC14 cam,stage2 head,barker pipes, proflow K&N With Stock Intake Tube it seems to pull the higher revs. It doesn't have an ignition on it.
This is on pump gas.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
in comparison....similar build.....with an FCI and ignition programmable w/ custom curve

REDLINE was hit and end ( my rpm pickup seems to be off a few 100's)

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
u are showing a 15 hp drop from PEAK POWER to redline
my build with the FCI and IGNITION will show an 8 hp loss from PEAK POWER to redline

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
u are showing a 15 hp drop from PEAK POWER to redline
my build with the FCI and IGNITION will show an 8 hp loss from PEAK POWER to redline
But I would think most of that loss is due to his lack of an ignition on that build....wouldnt it be?

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
yes, but it is from both..., without the timing to support the extra tuned RPM range of the FCI there is not as big of an affect....

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I see, I would think that if he had the ignition on his the difference would be miniscule as I think that the ignition would give more to the top end than the FCI does? Im no professional, thats just my take on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
can you get a foam filter with the monster intake? which intake would be best with a stock engine? that is running duels and needing to use a foam filter?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I recognize Tim's run he has posted. It is my quad! :) Not sure if you guys are splitting hairs or not but all I can tell you is that to me, it ran like a raped ape! I'm not in to the straight line type drag racing thing as some are(although I am always up for a good drag race). I asked him to build me a reliable trail (MX/XC) quad that I could run on pump gas anywhere in the world. For a stock bore and an 11:1 piston, I was more than pleased with the results.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I recognize Tim's run he has posted. It is my quad! :) Not sure if you guys are splitting hairs or not but all I can tell you is that to me, it ran like a raped ape! I'm not in to the straight line type drag racing thing as some are(although I am always up for a good drag race). I asked him to build me a reliable trail (MX/XC) quad that I could run on pump gas anywhere in the world. For a stock bore and an 11:1 piston, I was more than pleased with the results.
yes, its a good running build but there is still more in it without opening the motor.....an fci and dynatek with a custom curve will give u close to 600 more rpm to play with above the 60 hp mark

·
Registered
117 Posts
Fuelatv suposidly has a filter & intake kit that has a 4 inch flang? have any of you seen or used one of these intakes? how do they really compair in size?

·
Registered
56 Posts
thanks tuff guy and all i know is i noticed a big difference from my stock intake to my pro design system.. It was definatley worth the money.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I took some pictures to compare the billet adapters against eachother. As you can tell from the pictures both openings are exactly the same. Both units start at 3.5" and taper down to the 2.5" with the biggest difference being the Monster has a longer and a bit smoother taper but not by much.

I even weighed them out for you guys

Trinity 9.8oz

Monster 13oz
so the pro design is 3 inches all the way thru??? if so and the monster tapers down to 2.5 inches how is it lettin more air flow??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good info guys i was just starting to research the different sizes on the different brands. Thanks.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yamaha Raptor 700 700R 700SE Intake Aluminum Air Box Airbox CFM Performance | eBay

This is similar to what I'm using, without the lid, and the stock tube. Except, mine is an Extreme with the same 4" opening with a sightly shorter flange that venturi's down nicely to the stock tube size. Would imagine it would help with velocity... Now that I've added an 11.5 CP, an HC3 and DL's Dyna curves to the duals, with the stock TB, I'm wondering if an FCI would really make all that much more difference...for what it would cost....:eek:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a k&n filter and would like to go to back to a foam filter. Is there a foam replacement that will fit on the k&n intake adaptor. Thanks any help would be appreciated.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts