Modded Raptors Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts
here is 11:1,RHC14 cam,stage2 head,barker pipes, proflow K&N With Stock Intake Tube it seems to pull the higher revs. It doesn't have an ignition on it.
This is on pump gas.

I see, I would think that if he had the ignition on his the difference would be miniscule as I think that the ignition would give more to the top end than the FCI does? Im no professional, thats just my take on it.

I recognize Tim's run he has posted. It is my quad! :) Not sure if you guys are splitting hairs or not but all I can tell you is that to me, it ran like a raped ape! I'm not in to the straight line type drag racing thing as some are(although I am always up for a good drag race). I asked him to build me a reliable trail (MX/XC) quad that I could run on pump gas anywhere in the world. For a stock bore and an 11:1 piston, I was more than pleased with the results.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
I recognize Tim's run he has posted. It is my quad! :) Not sure if you guys are splitting hairs or not but all I can tell you is that to me, it ran like a raped ape! I'm not in to the straight line type drag racing thing as some are(although I am always up for a good drag race). I asked him to build me a reliable trail (MX/XC) quad that I could run on pump gas anywhere in the world. For a stock bore and an 11:1 piston, I was more than pleased with the results.
yes, its a good running build but there is still more in it without opening the motor.....an fci and dynatek with a custom curve will give u close to 600 more rpm to play with above the 60 hp mark

Fuelatv suposidly has a filter & intake kit that has a 4 inch flang? have any of you seen or used one of these intakes? how do they really compair in size?

thanks tuff guy and all i know is i noticed a big difference from my stock intake to my pro design system.. It was definatley worth the money.

I took some pictures to compare the billet adapters against eachother. As you can tell from the pictures both openings are exactly the same. Both units start at 3.5" and taper down to the 2.5" with the biggest difference being the Monster has a longer and a bit smoother taper but not by much.

I even weighed them out for you guys

Trinity 9.8oz

Monster 13oz
so the pro design is 3 inches all the way thru??? if so and the monster tapers down to 2.5 inches how is it lettin more air flow??

Good info guys i was just starting to research the different sizes on the different brands. Thanks.

Yamaha Raptor 700 700R 700SE Intake Aluminum Air Box Airbox CFM Performance | eBay

This is similar to what I'm using, without the lid, and the stock tube. Except, mine is an Extreme with the same 4" opening with a sightly shorter flange that venturi's down nicely to the stock tube size. Would imagine it would help with velocity... Now that I've added an 11.5 CP, an HC3 and DL's Dyna curves to the duals, with the stock TB, I'm wondering if an FCI would really make all that much more difference...for what it would cost....:eek:

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.