Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was looking to get aftermarket shocks for my raptor. for now i plan to leave stock a-arms becuase the quad wont fit in my trailer with 2+2. i mostly ride glamis and other so cal deserts. btw i will be getting a-arms once i get a new truck.

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
I would wait to get new shocks when you get new arms. The valving of the shocks needs to match the arms you are using and it would suck to have to revalve you new shocks 6 months from now because you got new arms..:thumb:

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it might be close 2 a year or more before i get a truck though. i live right by percision concepts and know a guy there who whould hook me up on revalveing. any suggestions?

and i hate 2 say it but i am somewhat bad about hanging on 2 money like this. it always seems to get spent.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the most i chould spend is 1000.

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
That should get you some real nice front shocks. What are you doing about the rear? I would say call Steve from TQS tomorrow and let him know what your budget is and where you ride and he should be able to set you up. Probably some Dune edition Elkas.. Let him know you are from moddedraptor. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
with the rear i was think about tcs sport series conversion. im not big on elkas ive herd valving can be tricky. what do people think about tcs triple rates. or fox floats?

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
with the rear i was think about tcs sport series conversion. im not big on elkas ive herd valving can be tricky. what do people think about tcs triple rates. or fox floats?
I have not heard too much good about the Fox, the new shocks everyone seems to like is the Moto oz shocks. The TCS conversions have got real expensize in the last few months after they got bought out. They also have some real good I-shock deals on arms and shocks for just over $1000 you might want to look into that..

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
was going to get ishock but with the a-arms it wont fit in my trailer. so i decided to get just shocks.

·
R.I.P. Coop
2,192 Posts
I got my LT 5500 i-Shock kit from V2PRODUCTS for just over $1400

Love em, alot better than the pogo sticks that Yamaha puts on the 06 SE's... but since I came from an already tricked out suspensioned Warrior, w/Elka and +2 A-arms, it is hard for me to really compare!

The LT 5500 i-Shock kit is atleast as good or even better than the Elka kit that I had on my Warrior!

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
You know, you could always pull your rims and tires off and make some dounuts to put on while in the truck or in the trailer. We took some 1/2 plastic and drilled the bolt pattern into it and my brother used it to load and transport his old quad in his skinny trailer.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thinking about motowoz shocks.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dude, go to www.albaaction.com they have a $1000 set of +2 a-arms with triple rate elkas
cant do the a-arms. not a big fan of elka ive herd the valving can be very hard to get right.

im thinking about the motowoz i can get them for 980, right in my budget.

·
Registered
263 Posts
why not look into some yfz 450 shocks for now until you get your new truck...if you look on ebay you could find a good set for pretty cheap...it will increase the handling of the bike at a fraction of the cost...then once you get your truck (or a bigger trailer..lol) you could splurge and get a full a-arm kit with shocks...just an idea...:hyper::banana:

·
Registered
12 Posts
hey not to stray off subject but i have an 07 Raptor 700 S.E. with the YFZ shocks i hear you can lower the bike by doing something to the shocks is this true? if so how?

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
it lowers the bike no madder what you dont have a choice in the madder, that why i dont want them i ride so cal hard packed desert alot and i like to be higher off the ground to avoid rocks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts