Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have the airbox eliminatory mod on my raptor 660 and the jetting is off. I dont know if I should rejet it or return to the original airbox. Help?

·
Asshole
3,162 Posts
personally, I'd jet it so it runs properly. Otherwise you just wasted all that money on the intake :cunfuz:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Rejet it, dont forget to change the pilot jets. probably wouldnt hurt to get a better needle set either. But you will be happy after you get it right. It does improve your power, slightly. But every little bit helps!

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you have an open airbox and aftermarket exhaust system try the following:

160L/165R Mikuni mains, 25 pilots, aftermarket (DJ, Vitos or GYTR) needles with clips at or one below center slot, fuel screws at 2.5 turns out. Should work pretty well for you. A bit of tweaking may be necessary. Your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the stock exhaust system on it right now. I was thinking about HMF but the getting both of the carbs synced is a pain in the ass. Is there any way removing the baffles and putting a new tip on it would even out the dead spot in the middle of first gear

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a big gun exhaust, used but in decent shape. 250. pics on my page. This is alot better than stock.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I want an aftermarket exhaust it will probably be too loud though the stock exhaust is louder than my dads gutted 450 exhaust

·
Registered
77 Posts
I want an aftermarket exhaust it will probably be too loud though the stock exhaust is louder than my dads gutted 450 exhaust
this is a aftermarket exhaust. and the pipe is repacked to. it is at 96dbs with my raptor and a 10.75:1 compression. Oh ya, i also have a stage 1 cam and that 10.75 :1 piston that was used 1 season. both are in good shape. sell them as a pair for 100.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have the stock exhaust system on it right now. I was thinking about HMF but the getting both of the carbs synced is a pain in the ass. Is there any way removing the baffles and putting a new tip on it would even out the dead spot in the middle of first gear
No, the dead spot is because you're too lean from opening up the airbox - changing the exhaust will make it even worse without the jetting I suggested.

With stock exhaust change my recommendations to 150L/155R mains...

No need to 'sync' the carbs, just set the screw between them so that the butterfly's both close at the same tims.

·
Registered
77 Posts
of course you would need to jet it more for the exhaust, I was just letting you know i have one for sale if you wanted to open it up a little more. its a cheap upgrade. I would definitly try the jetting that was recommended. he is right about the dead spot.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is there any way i can make the two filters fit in the stock airbox?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts