Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I may be taking a week off next year to visit some relatives in Spearfish & was wondering if there are any members on here that may be interested in meeting up & riding.Also,are there any tracks/trail systems in the area?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yes, we start our only about 9 miles from the sturgis exit on one of our rides. We only have over a thousand miles of trails here in the Black Hills. Yes i would love to guide you along with my wife and other fellow atv riders. The local off road riders ass. offers gps downloads to help guide you on trail if you want to go that route too. i could tell you where to park, get fuel, where to eat, and where to get parts fast if you break down. Just give me a heads up on when you are taking your trip so i can plan some good trails for us.
thanks
Yamaguy0
Dean

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yes, we start our only about 9 miles from the sturgis exit on one of our rides. We only have over a thousand miles of trails here in the Black Hills. Yes i would love to guide you along with my wife and other fellow atv riders. The local off road riders ass. offers gps downloads to help guide you on trail if you want to go that route too. i could tell you where to park, get fuel, where to eat, and where to get parts fast if you break down. Just give me a heads up on when you are taking your trip so i can plan some good trails for us.
thanks
Yamaguy0
Dean
I am east of you about 300 miles (Hayti, SD) and drive through the hills often. Give me a hint of several day loops we can take (30-100 mile loops) in the hills :sport:

·
Registered
90 Posts
one realy fun place to start out for us is the little town of Nemo. they have realy good food and you can start out from there to five diferent trail heads. the forest service offers a map to folks if you look for one. also Troy Hall from the off road riders ass. has done gps downloads for folks in the past.
Dean

·
Registered
216 Posts
one realy fun place to start out for us is the little town of Nemo. they have realy good food and you can start out from there to five diferent trail heads. the forest service offers a map to folks if you look for one. also Troy Hall from the off road riders ass. has done gps downloads for folks in the past.
Dean
From Nemo....how long are some of the loops?

·
Registered
652 Posts
these trails are raptor capable? lol. all the trails iv heard about down there are 4x4 only

·
Registered
75 Posts
these trails are raptor capable? lol. all the trails iv heard about down there are 4x4 only
noway..I've seen plenty of sport quads tear it up out in the hills....its the only decent place in SD to go ride really without getting your ass hounded by the corps of engineers or private landowners...

There was effort to get an MX track going about 5 miles from where I live but it got canned because of noise issues :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

South Dakota Sucks....unless you live out west I guess.

·
Registered
90 Posts
give me a shout and i will guide you myself. the trails here are really nice. most of the trails are two hours or so. we have maps and all the spots to get gas and food. we can take you through many of the trails, but some i have yet to discover. yes most of the trails here are raptor friendly.
Dean
(605)381-3706

1 - 10 of 10 Posts