Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wassup guys just traded my alky Cheetah Cub banshee for a raptor 700r and z400.Both are good trail bikes but I wanna make the suspension a little bit better on the rappy.Its an 07 blue(The fastest color lol).Tried the search under YFZ shocks and no help.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
depending on the year of the yfz shocks, i had ones off of an 04 yfz on my 700 and the over all length was about 1/8 to 1/4 shorter but the ride height remained the same.....i also installed some 06yfz shocks on a friends 700 and the spring rate was completly different, they sat as least an inch lower then stock but were adjustable up to the correct height....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you guys think Ill be better of getting some cheap aftermarket shocks?This is only a trail bike and the bike rides like a cadillac compared to a stock banshee

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wassup guys just traded my alky Cheetah Cub banshee for a raptor 700r and z400.Both are good trail bikes but I wanna make the suspension a little bit better on the rappy.Its an 07 blue(The fastest color lol).Tried the search under YFZ shocks and no help.
Yes, they just bolt on. Their is no cutting.

-Anthony

·
KUNG FU SAND PANDA
2,060 Posts

Congrats on the new ride, you're gonna love the Raptor. YFZ450 shocks or the Raptor SE shocks will be a big improvement over stock shocks. If you go with YFZ450 shocks they will lower your ride heigth alittle but you can adjust that real easy. Take a look at the "How To" Section for a complete write up on how to adjust your suspension. Also check out the JD Performance group buy on a-arms which will be the biggest improvement you can make on the Raptor suspension.

-Johnny

1 - 7 of 7 Posts