Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are the fwy grades on the way up? I have been there before but I cant remember how the fwy is. I cant decide if I am just going to tent for the weekend or try to tow my toy hauler out. I only have a F-150 that hates large grades. Any info would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
How are the fwy grades on the way up? I have been there before but I cant remember how the fwy is. I cant decide if I am just going to tent for the weekend or try to tow my toy hauler out. I only have a F-150 that hates large grades. Any info would be great.

Thanks
You could do that easy, No problem its only a 4 percent grade If I remember well :rockit:

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
any idea what the el cajon(sp) pass is?

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
a lot more then anything on the way to pismo....poor f150 with that 23ft trl on the back.....stay on hwy 101

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yeah poor truck but I am looking at a couple '96-'97 F-350 diesels. If I can get them to drop another 2k I will no longer have a towing issue.

Does hwy 101 have any grades?

EDIT: Just looked at mapquest, what other route is there other than hwy 101?

·
Registered
284 Posts
cajon pass is on the 15 just north of the 15-215 split by san bernardino

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks but I am aware of that. I am just asking how it compares to any of the grades on the way up to Pismo. Only because I have taken the pass towing my TH and know my truck can make it. (slowly but surely)

Thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
I dont think you have anything to worry about. When are you heading up?

·
Registered
82 Posts
It should be real nice out there mid aug.:thumb: I might be out there saturday eve if I can get away from work.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
u can take a 20 mi. shortcut through CA-154 exit, EXIT 146, toward LOS OLIVOS/ LAKE CACHUMA, but it has a lot of hills....not recommended with the trailer.....is your truck
4wd?
u better hope so!!!!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes sir it is. I am pretty sure I will get stuck at least once or twice.. :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
as long as u bring your own tow strap....when u first pull on to the beach air down your trailer tires to arround 20 psi....help a lot more then the truck tires!!!!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cool deal man thanks for the info I will keep that in mind. How low should I go on the truck? I have a buddy with a F-350 power stroke that will be coming to my aid when I get stuck :lol:

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
i got stuck soo bad once there with my trailer i had to unhook my truck and get a lifted duramax to hook up to it and i had to pull his truck with mine............that was the first 2 hrs of fun...

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
shit thats the reason I am trying to decide if I am just going to tent for the weekend. I got stuck towing my little flatbed once but I didn't air down.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey is that guy always on the beach that lets you pay to refill your tires? If not what is another option?

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
every time ive been there.....bring a compressor in your trailer......if u dont already have one......small pancake stlye

1 - 20 of 28 Posts