Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my dynatek on friday and had it all on and tied up in about 1.5 hours with a soldered tps connection and ziptied everything up nice and neat. Got the start it and come to find out no spark, thinking i hooked it up wrong i check and double check and tripple check all my connections, nope all good and in the install instructions it says to trouble shoot disconnect the ground wire on the coil and plug the stock raptor wire back in, well i did that and boom fired right up. It then stated if unplugging that wire and pluging the stock back on send the unit back to dynatek. I havent gotten ahold of steve at tqs to see if anyone else has had this problem. I just cant belive they dont test these units at the factory to see if they work correctly. Especialy since i am headed to some payout drags tomorrow in pittsburg. thanx guys

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yup I had the same prob. except I had a fuse blow, sent back it back. Took about 7-8 days real friendly peeps but they said nothing was wrong with it, That they tested it out with there machines and couldnt find a thing wrong also went to the back of the shop and hooked it up to a Raptor 700 on site and fired right up. :wtf: LOL If you ask me I think they didnt want to pay for shipping back and said nothing was wrong with it. When I got it back I hooked it up the same way I took it off and it fired right up no problem :wtf:

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
With this thread I am pleased that I opted, OUT!
I don't think this is a common occurance. I think any electrical part your going to see some failures from the factory. I know some people have problems with the PCIII does that mean that we should all abondon them?

I have got an dynatek unit coming and I am looking forward to installing and running it. My favorite feature besides added HP is the speed sensor delete.

I think you'll find that 99% of people don't have any probs with these units

·
R.I.P. Coop
2,192 Posts
We shall see... W69DY has had issues with his, too!

1. W69DY
2. yamaboy711
3. xXGlaMISXx
4. jwraptor
5. ?

Four people within a relatively small group having issues with their DynaTek, tells me that DynaTek is having issues with their Quality Control, department!

·
Registered
413 Posts
they may have sent out bad ones but they back up there product and have replaced everyone im aware of.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I had a bad one as well. The bike would run it but it wouldn't idle. Plugged in my stock one and it runs great. Waiting to hear whats going on with it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Before you pull it off and return it, double check the connection on the left side of the throttle body. There are two plugs on the harness over there that are the same shape (one white and one is grey) and the dynatek will plug in to either of them. You need to make sure that the plugs on the dynatek are the same color as the plugs on the stock harness (white if I remember correctly). I had exactly the same problem and was ready to send it back until someone enlightened me to that fact.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
still a great product!!!!.....and what russ said, about the wire harness connectors....may be an installation issue too

·
Registered
5 Posts
Before you pull it off and return it, double check the connection on the left side of the throttle body. There are two plugs on the harness over there that are the same shape (one white and one is grey) and the dynatek will plug in to either of them. You need to make sure that the plugs on the dynatek are the same color as the plugs on the stock harness (white if I remember correctly). I had exactly the same problem and was ready to send it back until someone enlightened me to that fact.
Yep

I hooked mine up wrong and I thought it was bad..............sent it in to Dynatek and it was checked to be ok.

I felt like a dumb ass when I figured out that I had connected to wrong plug.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I should hook mine up so I can sort through the installation :lol:

Awaiting the FCI Intake & I can plan a trip to the dyno for a custom curve :thumb:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sorry its been a few days but i have been so dang bussy, Well sorry but it wasnt and install error, and at first i did plug it into the grey plug that looks exactly like the white plug you are suposed to use, but after i switched it and went to fire it nottin. i cut the plug connector that is for the junkie wire tap and solered it in. Well my buddy who is a dealer got back into town a couple days ago and told me they have had some problems with there units also. a z400 and 2 yfzs. they still had them at the shop and were going to send them to dyna tech in the coming weeks for replacement units. so he just took mine and he had a brand new one for me in about 1 day and i put it on wham fired right up. tucked all the wires up nice and neat and that took care of that.

On another note i dont belive 99% of erorrs are user errors. its more like 40 percent product error and 60% user. Thats not just electrical related items i have had many grab bars, bumpers that dont line up and need new holes drilled and products that fail at half the normal expectany. I could see maybe a first timer messing it up but i do alot of custom bussines every year i see many product failure and malfunctions. i have screwed stuff up before on customers bikes and i eat that cost everytime. 95% of good companys stand behind there product to either replace, fix, or make right with the customer. Wich in this case dynatek took care of it.

Thanx for all the sugestions guys i checked everything everyone told me to no avail.:thumbsdown: the dynatek is still a great product in my mind, it is absolutly nessesary in building good power with the dyno. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
sorry its been a few days but i have been so dang bussy, Well sorry but it wasnt and install error, and at first i did plug it into the grey plug that looks exactly like the white plug you are suposed to use, but after i switched it and went to fire it nottin. i cut the plug connector that is for the junkie wire tap and solered it in. Well my buddy who is a dealer got back into town a couple days ago and told me they have had some problems with there units also. a z400 and 2 yfzs. they still had them at the shop and were going to send them to dyna tech in the coming weeks for replacement units. so he just took mine and he had a brand new one for me in about 1 day and i put it on wham fired right up. tucked all the wires up nice and neat and that took care of that.

On another note i dont belive 99% of erorrs are user errors. its more like 40 percent product error and 60% user. Thats not just electrical related items i have had many grab bars, bumpers that dont line up and need new holes drilled and products that fail at half the normal expectany. I could see maybe a first timer messing it up but i do alot of custom bussines every year i see many product failure and malfunctions. i have screwed stuff up before on customers bikes and i eat that cost everytime. 95% of good companys stand behind there product to either replace, fix, or make right with the customer. Wich in this case dynatek took care of it.

Thanx for all the sugestions guys i checked everything everyone told me to no avail.:thumbsdown: the dynatek is still a great product in my mind, it is absolutly nessesary in building good power with the dyno. :thumb:
Cool beans bro. Glad you got it goin. I will be doing mine soon. I hope it works ok.

·
Registered
253 Posts
A bad one on TrxOutlawz machine took out his Stator pickup.

A new stator and a new Dyna and it is fine.

·
Registered
48 Posts
A bad one on TrxOutlawz machine took out his Stator pickup.

A new stator and a new Dyna and it is fine.
Dynatek Ignition shorted out taking out the Stator..
Yamaha replaced the stator and Dynatek replaced the Ignition free of charge.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
wow man its one thing when the product you buy is defective but when it wrecks the good parts on the bike sucks. Glad to see yamaha took care of the stator. Did they know it shorted out becuase of the dyna? next is to get the bike on the dyno i can tell it got a little rich on the bottom from the dynatek. Dont know how but, dynatek claims remaping the pcIII is not nessesary, but i think it will definatly help the running quaility some. Wreckless did a very nice job on the group buy wana say thanx for all your time, since the origanal group buy thread is locked dont know where else to post it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Installed mine last night. It only took about 30-45 minutes. I used the t-tap that was included just to be sure I didn't have a faulty unit. I didn't want to solder a splice connection into the stock wiring jsut to find out I had a bad on e and had to cut wiring apart. Once I fired it up and made sure it was working, I got rid of the t-tap and soldered the connection. Thanks to Wreckless and Steve at TQS for a great group buy!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts