Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:banghead:Bike started running like crap. It sounds almost like a small mis fire at idle untill I get past 1/4 throttle then the bike works as it should until yesterday it spuddered at 1/2 throttle then kicked back in and shot a cloud of black smoke then size of the bike. Took it home, cleaned the carbs out, made sure all boots were seated properly aswell as air filter and start it back up and runs no better. Went to show a buddy today and it fired up and idled perfect and had crisp throttle response but now I just fired it up again and it runs like crap. Also i grounded the reverse limiter and now I am getting shocked when I touch my levers, oil lines, etc. Seems electrical to me but I cant be certain. Anyone else had an issue like this before??? I have literally ridden this bike once since I bought it a couple months ago.

·
Registered
408 Posts
shouldn't be getting shocked at all, make sure you grounded the green wire with a white stripe on it

·
Registered
92 Posts
is the coil arcing on anything. im not sure and of the other wires would put out enough juice to shock you.

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
Check the harness where it is strapped to the frame and all other locations it can chafe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts