Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After this weekends ride, I noticed my rear shock was squeaking. So on Monday I decide to see what was wrong. Originally I thought the noise was coming from the bearing that the bolt slides though, so I took off the shock re-lubed everything and put it back, but it did not solve the problem. The weird thing is that it does not squeak when the shock is compressed fast but rather when it is compressed slowly. Could this be that the shock has gone out or is this normal? By the way this is a 02 Raptor.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Did you take apart the top and bottom mounts ont he shock itself? You have to take clean those out really well and re grease. That's usually the problem. Grease the zerks in the lower linkage too.

I that doesn't do it, pull the swing arm pivot bolt and grease that up.

It should not squeek if it is lubed up properly.

Its not the shock itself.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I got an idea from another forum, that was that you can use a lower linkage bolt for the upper shock mount bolt. That way you can grease the upper shock with out tearing it apart.

The bolt that I'm talking about is the one where the linkage connects to the frame. I think this would be better then drilling the shock for a grease zerk, like I have read on a few places.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts