Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took me and my buddy about 8 hours but we ripped my bike apart and installed some new mods on it.

However after installing barker duals, trinity intake, and a k&n filter I am wondering if all is well.

I had some pretty normal problems like mixing up the fuel injector plugs when installing the pc5 and having to take off and put on various parts until I got them on right. But now I am sure that everything is correctly put together.

After a few short rips around the block and retighting up some bolts I found a baby sitter and went for a short ride (1hr). Now I have to say I run a lot of twisty, bumpy, narrow trails and I usually rip on 3rd and 4th gear. My bike does seem more responsive and peppy however I used to top off 3rd gear at about 58 wot. Now that I put the new mods on I am still only hitting 58 wot in 3rd.

Will I only notice A difference in 4th and 5th?

I rarely get to go wot in 4th so I cannot say if that has changed.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Your speed is not going to change with motor mods... your engine RPM, transmission ratio, sprockets, and tires are all still the same from before adding the new mods... how fast you get to that MPH is quicker though...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok that makes sence, I am definatelly more zippy. Is it true that raptors have speed limiters?

Thanks for the help btw

·
Registered
599 Posts
yes the rappy's have speed limiters. there is a thread around here somewhere on how to disable it. It has to do with cutting a wire or two...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The limiter only keeps you limited to 6000 rpm on 4th and 5th and does not effect the other gears, correct?

I will go look for the thread

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
the Programmable Dynateks make a big difference in mid and top end power, not just eliminating the speed limiter but along with our custom curves give the motor the timing it needs to pull more power at the higher rpm's!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Once I have got my big 3 mods DL700 will be sorting out a Dynatek for me. Heard nothing but good things about him so if your looking for a Dynatek with custom curve to suit your mods his the man. :thumb:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Figured I would just make a continuation of this post since it is still relevant.

When I am haulin ass down the trails and start to deselerate I get a popping kinda backfire sound out of my barkers. I was reading an article and it said that it could use more gas and that there was still more power to be had out of the setup.

Is this correct? If so does anybody have a map that would work for my build that I can try out?

I am currently using the pre programmed map that came with the TQS big 3 kit I purchased.

Thanks in advance guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts