Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running one of these? Don't need the duals, looking for more low-end so a good slip-on is what I'm after. Should sound good, but how loud is it?

·
Registered
305 Posts
well you should still change the head pipe i have a single pipe but it's full system and i got low-mid power gains with it

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
well you should still change the head pipe i have a single pipe but it's full system and i got low-mid power gains with it
+1 do the full system, NOTICEABLE power gains across the board! If you don't have the dough for a full system you can get one of those Phoenix sparkys and they will give you pretty much the same HP gains as a slip-on which is minimal. I went from a 2 Bros Slip on to a full Sparks system and it pulled harder across the board. I have a CT sonic system now with a cam and you know how yours pulls on the bottom, now imagine it pulling a little harder) than that almost to redline!

DL700 posted some dynos of pulling the airbox lid off and pulling the sparky and I think his best hp # was 46. I personally got 47 with a slip on pipe & intake and have 53 with the full system and cam. Here's my 2 dynos, (I like to whore them out because they aren't cheap) 1st is GYTR intake and 2 Bros Slip on. 2nd is intake, CT sonic full system, and HCII. You can see the gains in peak #'s as well as more power across the curve, TQ too. Good luck finding a system you like :thumb:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to hear from a CT Sonic guy. I've looked at that pipe, compared it to Sparks and Rossier. I like the idea of tuneable discs. How loud is it? Ever got it db tested? The CT Sonic is a real torque pipe from the dynos I've seen, it may be the way to go, but personally think they are an ugly pipe.

·
Registered
305 Posts
louder than HMF

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
It's a HELL of a lot quieter than a Sparks Big core and if you ever get busted for sound you can pull a couple discs out. I have not had it sound tested, I am curious to see how loud it is, they never said how loud it was in the shootout but CT site claims 98 db. http://www.ctracing.com/raptor_700.htm It isn't the prettiest pipe, but when you are riding and you punch it you don't care what it looks like as long as it lifts the front wheels and trys to pull your arms out of your sockets!!! AND you get a heat shield (although it buzzes a little at high rpm's after I let off the throttle) For $450 it's a good deal, check it out here: http://www.worldwideperformance1.co...Category_Code=CT-RACING-PIPES&Product_Count=1

I wish I would've know more about Rossier as it's local to WI and the shop I go to works with him a lot and they have the disc style arrestor with a little better look and maybe a better price.:mad1: I really like the sound and performance of the CT.

Here is the Rossier link, looks sick IMO: http://www.rossiereng.com/products.php?product=1215453262

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do like the Rossier pipe. I guess it is on the short list. I was sold on a Ron Woods pipe and sent a PM to buy one and got talked out of it cause it leans to being a top-end single. The list now includes Sparks, Rossier, CT Racing. I'd probably be happy with any of them, but since I'm not pullin' out the wallet right now, I'll just talk about it for now.

·
Registered
177 Posts
As AL2FAST said you can pull a couple of discs out. How would the power output be if you removed enough discs to get it down to 95 db? Would it be a big loss or hardly noticable. Seems to me a full single exhaust will be lighter and generate more low end and torque than a dual system.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I do like the Rossier pipe. I guess it is on the short list. I was sold on a Ron Woods pipe and sent a PM to buy one and got talked out of it cause it leans to being a top-end single. The list now includes Sparks, Rossier, CT Racing. I'd probably be happy with any of them, but since I'm not pullin' out the wallet right now, I'll just talk about it for now.
FWIW, I did a dyno comparison with my Suzuki LT-Z470 (big bore stroker with ALL the goodies) between the Pro-Circuit, Yoshi and the Rossier. The Rossier was the clear winner. It was 1/2 hp better in peak numbers over the Yoshi but had way better hp/tq down low and started making power a lot earlier too.
I just picked up a Motoworks SR-4 s/o for cheap just to loose the stock pipe but I'm very curious and will be closely following the developement of the RE.

·
Registered
177 Posts
FWIW, I did a dyno comparison with my Suzuki LT-Z470 (big bore stroker with ALL the goodies) between the Pro-Circuit, Yoshi and the Rossier. The Rossier was the clear winner. It was 1/2 hp better in peak numbers over the Yoshi but had way better hp/tq down low and started making power a lot earlier too.
I just picked up a Motoworks SR-4 s/o for cheap just to loose the stock pipe but I'm very curious and will be closely following the developement of the RE.
Any chance I can get a look at the dyno sheet? I am ready to buy an exhaust but I still am not sure which. I am leaning towards the CT Sonic system. Now I am curious about the Rossier system, TOO MANY CHOICES!! LOL:lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts