Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i just bought a set of fasst flexx bars and i have a 2007 raptor 700 se and am using it for racing motocross and i was wondering what would be best for mounting? i am 6' 6" and i want to not have to lean forward so much and i was wondering would i be better off getting a plus 2" steering stem or i seen rox has a 2" riser. so which would be better i dont want to spend a lot and what style mounts should i use? season starts next week for us in minnesota.

let e know what you think.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
i only thing i dont like about aftermarket steering stems is they are too strong so when and if you crash you chances to bend your frame is a lot higher because the stem no long will bend

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I was racing I would do the +2 steam with the quad low bars, what bend and height are your bars? This is my setup and it works great but not sure it would hold up to the abuse of racing.. I could be wrong though..

http://www.moddedraptor.com/community/product-reviews/59-flexx-bars-rox-anti-vibe-riser.html
where did you get your riser from? fasstco.com? the only think i was thinking is if i am going to use the fasst bars they are much shorter than the stock bars and so i might have to do a longer steering stem and a riser.

·
Registered
353 Posts
i am curious of that myself. mine came with a lonestar steering stem stock length i think with pro taper atv high bend. it is pretty low and i wanted to raise them. do the risers work with aftermarket stems for big bars? i saw some for big bars at tqs but they were yfz kfx style clamps not aftermarket.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
i only thing i dont like about aftermarket steering stems is they are too strong so when and if you crash you chances to bend your frame is a lot higher because the stem no long will bend
:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:
:Hilarious:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts