Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Portsculptor
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stock timing compared to curve II with the X1 Megacycle cam, 11:1 compression and ported head:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
That's a mean ass power band, another thing to add to the "need to buy" list. Now you need to add a different plug wire and see if it makes any more difference.

·
Portsculptor
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a 4th gear pull BTW.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I installed a dyna on mine and it was faulty. Waiting to get my new one. Question for engine guru's. I have a +8 stroke would it be smartest to get some better curves to go with my stroked motor? Why does stock timing work with a stroked motor. My motor is an 843.

·
WILD ONES
887 Posts
I installed a dyna on mine and it was faulty. Waiting to get my new one. Question for engine guru's. I have a +8 stroke would it be smartest to get some better curves to go with my stroked motor? Why does stock timing work with a stroked motor. My motor is an 843.

I had a faulty one too:mad1: I did get everything right and the custom curve sure did help over curve #2.. After everything was said and done with the tuning I ended up with +3hp peak and a much smoother poweband!! I would spend the money on tuning with a custome curve to get the best performance out of your engine!!

·
Registered
305 Posts
you think i can crack 50 hp with

PC3
hmf full
pro design intake (k&N)

adding

+2 TB
X1 cma

·
Registered
305 Posts
there was 1 more thing to make it a 6 mod without going in the engine but i forget what it was

·
Registered
305 Posts
hey i think you just found mod 6 it's the damn ignition i think! awesome now back on topic

1 - 11 of 11 Posts