Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Raptor 700 780cc 105 5mm Big Valve Hotrods Hotcams Big Bore Stroker Kit | eBay

I found this kit online and it seems like everything id need but i just want to check with the group what they think?
If i do purchase this will it need a valve job? I'd like to get a kit that is all bolt on and can do in my own garage. I already have pipe, airfilter, and jet kit for it. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.
Any down side to this kit? or this idea im going for?
Thank you

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
As far as doing it yourself, you are going to have to split the cases and press the old crank out and press the new one in.... I let the jet kit comment slide Langford..lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was already in the bike and tuned by the dealership from previous owner. I may be able to find out but off the top of my head not sure. I actually called parts depot yesterday and I'm planning on getting that kit with out the valves so I dont have to take it to a machine shop. After that kit and a new PC if its not fast enough...which most of my toys never are.... then ill probably do a valve job/ port polish/ and throttle bodies..... Possibly a turbo way down the line. I originally was looking for a blown raptor that i could get cheap and swap a gsxr1000 motor into it. My buddy did that with a R6 motor and its pretty insane. Thanks for your comments guys.

PS does anyone know of any good parks to ride at in KY?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
you'll definitely have to find out about that jet kit for your 700....I think that's what mine's been missing all these years.....that should make it rip, for sure! :cunfuz:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts