Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had a few members asking what the difference was with the billet transmission gears we use -v- the stock gears
They have the shock resistance of 9310 steel gears but ware more like 8620 steel gears. The best of both worlds.
Designed and machined by a pro stock bike builder/racer. Much better machined fit , larger dogs , rounded nose for strenght and largrer contact area.

Check out the difference ... Top sets are the billet gears -v- stock on the bottom.

If you have any question on them you can PM Shredder (Mike) or myself woofers67 (Bob)

3rd gear set.................... .

2nd gear set..................

·
Registered
262 Posts
they look good, im gona recieve this set on the 29th , this saturday.. :))))

·
Registered
924 Posts
Where can one buy a set of these? And these aren't the over ride gear sets are they? Iam just looking for a direct replacement for my stock transmission.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Where can one buy a set of these? And these aren't the over ride gear sets are they? Iam just looking for a direct replacement for my stock transmission.

you can buy them from woofers69.... he started this thread.. just PM and he will fill you in with all the details..

i just bought mine..

direct replacement.. not an over-ride...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Woofers69 do you guys also make billet forks... ?? just wanted to know for now

thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Are you working on having the gear shafts made stronger also?

What is the root cause of the tranny/side cases failure?

Is the forces causing failure a axial or radial deflection?

Just trying to understand why some racers launch in first and some in second gear.
Is it gear ratio or distance from bearing that causes the failures?

Oldmanracing

·
Registered
262 Posts
Are you working on having the gear shafts made stronger also?

What is the root cause of the tranny/side cases failure?

Is the forces causing failure a axial or radial deflection?

Just trying to understand why some racers launch in first and some in second gear.
Is it gear ratio or distance from bearing that causes the failures?

Oldmanracing

1st gear ratio launches short distances and i heared before that it will most likely misshift into 2nd gear dont know why

2nd gear gives a better launch no misshift into 3rd

my gears shattered because the soil was muddy, load and extra power.. shattered the 3rd gear..

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
broke my first transmission on saturday.

on my stock bore....going 2-3

too much power i guess so time for billets!

·
Registered
353 Posts
1st gear ratio launches short distances and i heared before that it will most likely misshift into 2nd gear dont know why

2nd gear gives a better launch no misshift into 3rd

my gears shattered because the soil was muddy, load and extra power.. shattered the 3rd gear..
I fought the 1st to 2nd gear misshift some last year on my override, didn't know others were having problems too... I am still not sure exactly what was causing it. After the tranny shop tried to rework it in the middle of last year and still had issues, he switched it to a 2-4 for me for free over the winter. Going to try that this year.

If I have any problems this year, I will be looking into billet options.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
how much are the 2nd and 3rd gear sets cost, i frequently launch in 2nd gear and spend most of my riding on the trail shifting from 2 and 3 gears all the time, any other upgrade you sell that would really help my trans last longer. I am gonna be splitting the cases soon to install a Cp piston and Carrillo rod and have the crank rebuilt and welded

1 - 15 of 15 Posts