Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a no start issue. no spark, but it turns over fine.
its code 33, ignition coil. I followed the service manual and the coil is in spec...
I traded the coil wires... the orange to the ecu is continous, and the red/black goes to the switch and is continous. I did not check to see if either were grounding. hmm...

does anyone have any other off the wall ideas on this, I checked all the fuses, and all the relays appear to be functioning, I just have no spark, I verified this by using a spark plug and cranking while touching it to the motor block, just like on a car

im hoping its not the ecu.
Im not getting codes for the crank sensor, or the tip/lean sensor, so i am ASSUMING those are ok... can they go bad and not cause a code?

this thing is starting to PMO!!!!!

·
Registered
796 Posts
How fast does it crank over? I have a 660 that will crank over after sitting for some time, and sometimes I forget to turn the key off for a couple of days, It cranks pretty fast but wont fire, hook jumpercables up and it lights right off and is fine. I think if the CDI voltage is too low it wont spark. I dont know if it holds true for the 700 or not but is worth a try.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
did more troubleshooting today...

at the coil, with ignition key on, not cranking, on both leads I get 12v. when i crank, it drops a little.

I did the SAME thing at the end of the coil that goes on the spark plug... when cranking, i never see more than 12v....

could my coil have died?

are the quad coils like the older car coils where if you left them on they could burn out?
The last time the quad ran, i shut it off the motor, but forgot to turn the key off..

hmm, anyone got a coil for cheap?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem is resolved...

Im reading the FSM, and testing all wires and stuff, going crazy.

I found a few posts about making sure the Prange ECU wire was pushed into the harness fully, i checked that multiple times. Then I found somewhere that someone said pushing the black wire across from the oprange fixed their problem, I was like, wtf, i see no reference to that black cable anywhere in the FSM besides a ground, So i was like screw it and pushed it in, it went in a good amount, and i went to start it, and it sputtered a bit, but then it started...

What a waste of a saturday night and sunday afternoon...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts