Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I've heard that place is pretty cool. I'm gonna have to check it out this summer.

·
Registered
209 Posts
MX Track

THey have 3 different tracks one big one that they were suppose too make more atv friendly last year. I haven't been there for a year ! One indermediate track for c-class races and a pee-wee track. There is plenty of parking and its located only 15 mins out of newark !:hyper:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm in the mt. vernon area.

Briarcliff has open practice days - show up - pay money - ride. I have never been to a "REAL" track. I was scared shitless at first, but after all day on the "B" track, I had no problem keeping up with bikes. I had a helmet and goggles, no boots, chest guard, etc.. I felt pretty out of place - Big redneck, jeans, helmet, and Raptor 700. I got respect pretty quick after clearing all the jumps on the "B".

The "A" track is sick - stupid long, and stupid jumps - ATV friendly (go big or go to "B" track)
The "B" track is a good practice track to the "A" - no monster jumps, but still tricky
The "C" track - never rode or seen - its hidden behind the "B" - demo rides done here
The "D??" track - the little kids have their own area - complete with 1-2' doubles! its awesome for the little ones.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It would be cool, to have a raptor day there. Not alot of quads there, either guys like me - or full blown "out-for-blood" racers.

·
Registered
209 Posts
It would be cool, to have a raptor day there. Not alot of quads there, either guys like me - or full blown "out-for-blood" racers.
sounds cool ! We will have too do that when spring finally getsheres for good!

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I would be up for it as well. :thumb:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Who's down 4 that! :hyper:

I will round up my local hommies! Everyone above chime in. I am out of town for work, I should return thurs-friday.

Last year was $20 to get in, for all day, all tracks. Need to call about 09' prices.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
It's gonna have to get warmer before I consider going. I'm a fair weather rider, LOL.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's gonna have to get warmer before I consider going. I'm a fair weather rider, LOL.
:blahblah:

Come on, everyone's doing it!!!! PEER-PRESSURE!!!

No that's cool man, I understand - I hope it dry's out a bit, its going to be a mess. Hope the weather holds, the owners will have the dozer out friday if it does not rain, if any rain between now and then, its canceled.

Its supposed to around 55 F I think

Just bustin ur nutz

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Here is what I have.i will post up more vids later...AND YES THE QUEEN SEEN ALOT OF TRACK TIME TODAY.

And here is a crew of nuts...
PD racer, covey88 and BRN??? I forget LOL

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the pics Temptation. I knew it was your Quad as soon as I saw it. Despite the comments from others, it still stands out in a crowd, very unique.

Glad to see some other MR.com guys there. Some OMR.com guys too.

It was real fun, realizing how overweight, out of shape, and how old I really am. I think I was sitting and resting just as much as riding.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Im going to check this place out this year after finding out it was 30 mins away.pusheta creek MX park is another awesome track to ride on and its atv friendly..

·
Registered
209 Posts
Have made plans too ride here 3 times this year, but have yet too, due too track being closed for some reasons like a broke tractor, and slight chance of rain! WTF I guess this is why i prefer cross country riding anyway!

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Have made plans too ride here 3 times this year, but have yet too, due too track being closed for some reasons like a broke tractor, and slight chance of rain! WTF I guess this is why i prefer cross country riding anyway!
Yeah this is getting really old ! I don't know how they expect to stay in business if they are gonna cancel if there is a chance of rain, that's gonna be 300 days of the year. Sounds like it's a skirt biker place to me, everything has to be perfect. I still wanna try it out but one more cancellation and I will probably just give up on it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yeah this is getting really old ! I don't know how they expect to stay in business if they are gonna cancel if there is a chance of rain, that's gonna be 300 days of the year. Sounds like it's a skirt biker place to me, everything has to be perfect. I still wanna try it out but one more cancellation and I will probably just give up on it.

Guys if you want we can plan a ride for pusheta creek.You can meet me here and follow me up..they run every other weekend,there next open day is aug 7,8th....or if you want plan a day you want to go..

there website is
Pusheta Creek MX Park

youll love it...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts