Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all ... i have my buddy's 06 700r at home and it wont run .... i think it's the injector but not sure so anyone's opinion or help would be appreciated !

the bike will turn over fine and there is fire at the plug but it wont run and the plug is completely dry when i pull it out after trying to start it .... the fuel pump does pump gas when you turn on the key cuz i checked that ... the fuel rail isnt clogged or anythign cuz i took it apart and fuel does get to the injector but none come out of the tip of the injector when we turn the key on or when we try to start it !... i've checked the power and ground to the injector ... both are good ....i didnt check with a multimeter tough only with a test light.... but here's the thing ... when i spray gas into the throtle body it starts

so 1- either the injector is clogged or messed up or
2- it's not the right ohm's or power getting to the injector ? (could this cause it not to work ?)

either way would putting a new injector fix this or sould i check somethign else ??i just cant think of what else it could be!

thanks to all for your help :rockon:

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Is his bike completely stock? If it has a fuel controller pull it off and try it stock. Also If you both have a 700 try your injector.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it has a fmf slip-on with k&n filter and fmf fuel controller ... i took the controller off because it would flash between red and green on the lights ... dunno what it means but i reverted it back to stock and still doing the same thing .......and i didnt want to take mine all apart if someone could of confirmed it was the injector ... i just might have too tough

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
well just and update ... i took my injector today and put it on my buddy's and still nothing:wtf: !!!.... put it back on mine and fires right up .... so what else could it be ??....lean angle sensor??... crank position sensor ??..TPS sensor is spot on i checked it .....i know it's not valve lash cuz it would start when i spray gas in the intake !1... so really only thing left would be crank position sensor or lean angle sensor maybe ???.... can anyone shed some light ??

thx guys!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
well just and update ... i took my injector today and put it on my buddy's and still nothing:wtf: !!!.... put it back on mine and fires right up .... so what else could it be ??....lean angle sensor??... crank position sensor ??..TPS sensor is spot on i checked it .....i know it's not valve lash cuz it would start when i spray gas in the intake !1... so really only thing left would be crank position sensor or lean angle sensor maybe ???.... can anyone shed some light ??

thx guys!!
8 yrs later and I have exactly the same problem
Does anyone know what is stopping the fuel from getting to the chamber?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts