·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds like a pain in the ass...also when they say +2 +0 does that mean that one is extended +2 and the other is stock length? wouldn't that really screw with the caster/camber?

·
Registered
133 Posts
sooo if its +0, your length of the bike will be the same, only the width will increase a total of 4 inches
Correct.
I have burgard A-Arms on my bike. The spindles do need reamed, I have never had any problem with the product but I haven't had good expiriences with the service

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Friend of mine has the burgard +2 on his. The customer service does suck. The ball joints are VW super bug ones which are not easy to find. And yes the spindles do need to be reamed. Old technology still for sale.:badidea:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So are they tapered? sounds like that would make it a pain in the ass to ream without a special tool.
Or do you ream the taper out of the knuckle so it becomes a straight hole?

If they are a decent part for the price, then i don't mind doing a little extra labor to make them work.

Thanks Johnny, i'll look into that group purchase on the other ones too.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oops i logged off for a while.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I've got Magnum a-arms on my bike. When I got 'em I was told they were made by Burgard.
The arms themselves I have had good luck with but he ball joints are to small. I've broken 2 myself and one was bent when I got 'em. Like somebody said above the balljoints are just VW bug tierods. But they are easy to get. Just order 'em from NAPA. Part #ES419r if I remember right.

I redrilled and rethreaded the lower a-arms for bigger balljoints and haven't had any problems since. Went to Ford Courior, (spelling?) tie rods...hahaha. The VW are 14mm threads and the fords are 16mm.

·
Registered
132 Posts
For those of you that have the 14mm balljoints, we stock them at JD, They come plated[so they wont rust] and they are $24.95 ea. Please note that we do not manufacture our arms using these BJs, we just carry the 14mm as a curtosy to the people who have a hard time finding them.

Thanks
Dave

1 - 14 of 14 Posts