Modded Raptors Forum banner

Buying a KFX 700 ???

13K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  Diggs59 
#1 ·
I'm new to KFX 700's and I'm going to buy an 09 for my wife. going to look at it this week just wondering what kinds of things to look for on a KFX 700. I'm a Raptor and Banshee guy so I have no clue what to look for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#5 ·
They're pretty heavy.

#9 ·
She'll love the KFX. I have one for my gf and the auto makes it simple enough for her to enjoy riding without much effort. Yes, very heavy, but the plus side of being heavy is that it "pushes" through the rough stuff with its weight. Has plenty of power to go everywhere she wants and enough power on reserve for when she needs it. I would 100% rather have her on a quad that is a little overpowered for her riding ability than one that is underpowered and could potentially leave her in a situation where she needed to power out and couldn't. I think it's a great choice!

#14 ·
She will like it....rides good...and yes, it wheelies VERY EASY...

Only ones to watch out for was the first year model I believe was the 2004's. They had rocker issues and immediately changed the design starting with 05's and up...Also Tie rods used to be a issue...all fixed with design changes over the years...

Simple bike to work on and easy to maintain. Nice choice, looks good.

#16 ·
They are great quads. Very plush but heavy. If you change out the auto clutch spring it makes a big difference in where the power comes on. Not sure what color does what though..

#18 ·
I think the KFX 700''s are a blast to ride. Hit the throttle and go. Smooth power delivery and easy to handle for a larger machine. I rode one with dual's and different clutch springs and it ran well. She'll be happy with the KFX, good choice :thumb:

#20 ·
The dalton blue, epi pink and almond are great primary springs for a bolt-on or stocker kfx. While those plastics are nice looking they as brittle as they can get. Put full cover on it; they will crack. Also, even though yours is an 09 you might want to get aftermarket tie rods. For easy mods do the 12 1 " holes on the airbox lid and but the twin air filter/cage kit...don't forget to rejet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.