Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added a cigarette lighter power outlet where the key was located before the Dr.D reverse lever was installed and key moved to the fender. I plan on powering my GPS unit with it and whatever else comes in useful. It only cost $7 so this is a very cost effective mod. It will pay for itself very quickly since the GPS eats batteries. It was a very simple install, power wire with an inline fuse to the battery and I grounded mine to the bottom of the bar clamps. Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Very f'ing cool indeed but not usefull for me, I need no GPS I prefer to always be lost I am much safer that way..LOL

·
Registered
284 Posts
very cool idea what GPS unit are you using?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Nice, now can you help me figure out a way to mount my bong to the handlebars:lol:

J/K that's an awesome idea :thumb:

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
i can use a power inverter run my vaporizor now on the ride. :lol:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Good idea. I was thinking about this and I figured I would put the outlet where the reverse lever was. (Dr D installed)

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
very cool idea what GPS unit are you using?
Garmin GPSmap 60C and it's a P.O.S. I'm on my 2nd one and now I have to send this one back too. I love it when it works but it decides it gets tired, shuts off, won't come back on til I get home when I don't need it on any more. :banghead:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Very cool looking mod - and potentially useful too (I'm testing a helmet mounted light that could plug in there). You relocated the key to the fender. Where is the reverse nob?

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very cool looking mod - and potentially useful too (I'm testing a helmet mounted light that could plug in there). You relocated the key to the fender. Where is the reverse nob?
As I stated in the original post ... I have the Dr.D reverse lever.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not sure how I overlooked that.
But thanks.
No problem, I've been wanting to fill that hole with something for a long time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts