Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
KUNG FU SAND PANDA
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok fellas, J-dog started this idea now lets see how many Modded Raptor members can make it. Below you will find the "rough" game plan for the trip up North to the Cinders outside of Flagstaff, AZ. Please let me know if you can make it so I can add your name to the list.

Any of you guys that live in neighbouring states like NV, CO or UT that want to make the trip you are more than welcome.

When: Sunday June 1st

Where: Cinders - Flagstaff, AZ

Staging: For the guys that live in the valley, I suggest we all meet in the Costco parking lot at I-17/Rose Garden just west of the freeway around 8:30 or so and plan on heading north around 9:00 AM.

It is recommended that you run paddles if you plan on riding the big hills like $100 Hill. Yes, you are riding in volcanic cinders and they will wear your paddels out much quicker then riding in the dunes, so beware if you havn't been to the Cinders yet.

Below is link to show what the Cinders looks like. And yes, $100 Hill looks that freakin big and steep.

http://www.dunereview.com/forums/index.php?showforum=34

Click on the like above, then click on the dune review in the upper left corner, then click on video tab, then click Cinders.

-Johnny

Who's In -

Johnny Baja
J-Hilt - Should make it
Slider - Game time decision
JJackson
CVRaptor - Definate Maybe

·
Registered
562 Posts
It will be a great time and cool weather :thumb: as for as $100 hill my ass will not go up it :lol:

·
WILD ONES
887 Posts
I am going to do my best to make it and best believe if I do go I will be hitting the $100 hill!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey guys not to $hit in your cereal but it snowed in Flagstaff today just as a heads up but that is perfect beer drinkin weather!!! :beerchug:

·
Registered
114 Posts
i love shit in my cereal like bananas :banana:

Hahahahhaha damn that was funny.JDog missed you at the drags How is the bike running?? And enjoy those brown :banana:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hahahahhaha damn that was funny.JDog missed you at the drags How is the bike running?? And enjoy those brown :banana:
bike was running good before i dropped it off for more make you go fast part i should be getting it back this week on next i will be back out to the drags soon:hyper:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am in as long as nothing else comes up. Snow is mostly melted now, its spring and whats left will not last. A few more showers would be nice to keep the dust down.

·
Registered
43 Posts
On the subject of paddles, I run a cheap pair of Geckos, the do well and are cheap to replace, I have made quite a few runs on mine, and only a couple on sand and the have held up well. Good to have for cinder tires but not best for sand or high power machines, and again price is fair. I think my next set will be Geckos plus that have the extra paddles. Just an idea for those thinking of cinder tires.

·
Registered
562 Posts
bad news very bad news my bike will not be at the rally but i will be there with my wifes bike :thumb:

·
Registered
562 Posts
my wallet got a lot lighter we clanged the hole build :thumb: if my wife finds out i will be living with the dog out side :thumb:

·
Sponsor - UTILITY JUGS R US
347 Posts
should be sweet with the recent snow & rain, really keeps the dust down. might be going with another group the weekend before, don't know if i can swing 2 weekends in a row yet

1 - 20 of 67 Posts