Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
KUNG FU SAND PANDA
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We just got back from our trip to the Cinder's in Flagstaff, Arizona. We had a small group but still had a great time. I want to thank NOAZRAPPY (Alvin) and JJACKSON (Jamie) for showing us around and we will DEFINETLY be back for another ride at the Cinder's next month, on a Saturday... :lol:

I think Slider (Brooks) took a group picture but here are the moddedraptor members that were able to make the trip.

Johnny Baja
Dezert Ranger
Jdog
Slider
Noazrappy
JJackson

To give you guys an idea about this riding area, the Cinder's are located North East of down town Flagstaff, Arizona about 20 mintues. This area is pretty much the aftermath when a volcano erupts. The Cinder's looks like the lava rock you use in your BAR B QUE, but all ground up. This by far is toughest terrain we have rode in. It is much softer then riding at the dunes, so speed and modified quad are your only friends when trying to pull the big hills.

Below are just a few pic from todays ride.

THIS IS A QUICK VIDEO CLIP OF MY SON ON JDOG'S KENZ BUILT RAPTOR 700 GOING UP A SMALL HILL IN SECOND GEAR. AND YES, IT DOES SOUND THIS FREAKIN BAD ASS IN PERSON...

http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l66/Johnnyi55/Quad Clips/?action=view&current=Cinders72708016.flv

PICTURE OF MY SON AND I ON TOP OF ONE OF THE SMALL HILLS

THIS IS $100 HILL - IT'S ONLY ABOUT A 1/3 OF MILE LONG STRAIGHT UP

TO GIVE YOU AN IDEA HOW STEEP, TAKE A LOOK AT THESE PICS - THE FIRST PIC IS JUST PAST THE WOOPS AS YOU START TO MAKE THE CLIMB. THE SECOND PIC I TOOK IS LOOK ACROSS THE SIDE OF THE HILL. LOOK AT THE GRADE OF THE HILL COMPAIRED TO THE TREES THAT ARE STANDING STRAIGHT UP. THIS IS JUST PAST THE WOOPS AT THE BOTTOM AND IT GETS MUCH STEEPER AS YOU GO UP.

·
AZ's PIT CREW MEMBER
343 Posts
it was great too meet some other members out there and ride with some of the others i already know. i had a great time but should have took my paddles sure makes a differance. didn't make it up $100 hill but tell next time batman.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
looks like a good time. do paddles get messed up if used here?

·
Registered
781 Posts
sweet pics looks like a good time.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Johnny nice pics i had a great time with you guy and with some seat time i think your boy will be pretty dam fast out at the drags :thumb:

·
Sponsor - UTILITY JUGS R US
347 Posts
great pics :thumb: sorry i missed it. next time :banana: jdog, your bike made $100 hill look easy :thumb: nice ride anthony:banana:

·
Registered
704 Posts
great pics and video!!! Can't wait till labor day!!! how was the weather? still pretty dry and dusty?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Nice pics. I will try to get some this week on my trip.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have used my sandstars at dunes 2 years(16trips).They r now only used at cinders,probably 8 trips,and I dont see a need for new ones any time soon.

·
Registered
704 Posts
it's not always dusty... we stopped going for the 4th of July, and started going labor day... Hasn't been dusty since (light rain every day) makes for flawless riding!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts