Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
KUNG FU SAND PANDA
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my son and I missed out on the first two trips you guys made, we both got a hall pass and are going to the Cinders Sunday July 27th.

Now all of you AZ guys I am going to bug the SHIT out of you to make this trip so we have a big group going up. As we get closer we can arrange meeting times, carpool and staging. Anybody that lives in the West Valley (cough, cough, SLIDER, OAKLEYNUTT) I got room for two more quads between my truck and trailer. No sense on everyone wasting fuel to get up there and back.

See everyone up there.

-Johnny

·
Registered
562 Posts
I am %100 down with going on the 27th of July i should be making a trip before that to see how the new monster is going to do :thumb:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Cinders

Since my son and I missed out on the first two trips you guys made, we both got a hall pass and are going to the Cinders Sunday July 27th.

Now all of you AZ guys I am going to bug the SHIT out of you to make this trip so we have a big group going up. As we get closer we can arrange meeting times, carpool and staging. Anybody that lives in the West Valley (cough, cough, SLIDER, OAKLEYNUTT) I got room for two more quads between my truck and trailer. No sense on everyone wasting fuel to get up there and back.

See everyone up there.

-Johnny
I need to go up there because August 2-3 is our race at Cinders and I would love to pre-ride the course a little. Let me check with the team and I'll let you know...thanks!

·
Registered
562 Posts
I need to go up there because August 2-3 is our race at Cinders and I would love to pre-ride the course a little. Let me check with the team and I'll let you know...thanks!
what races would that be and do you have a web sight link ? :thumb:

·
KUNG FU SAND PANDA
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Hey DMR, is that the Whiplash Race that you are pre-running for? Anthony and I wouldn't mind prerunning alittle of the course with you that weekend when we are up there. We would like to try one of the Whiplash races sometime.

-Johnny

·
KUNG FU SAND PANDA
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i should be making a trip before that to see how the new monster is going to do :thumb:
I think that you should come to the Hassayampa and run a little shake down first... maybe let a certain jockey try it out :thumb:

-Johnny

·
Registered
562 Posts
I think that you should come to the Hassayampa and run a little shake down first... maybe let a certain jockey try it out :thumb:

-Johnny
we will have to do that but i have to find some tires that will work on my bike first p.m.:thumb: your phone # Johnny

·
AZ's PIT CREW MEMBER
343 Posts

See everyone up there.

-Johnny
kool looking at my calender i'm free that day. so i'll take you up on that carpool Johnny. :thumb:

·
KUNG FU SAND PANDA
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
kool looking at my calender i'm free that day. so i'll take you up on that carpool Johnny. :thumb:
Anthony and I are going to hold you to it Slider :thumb:

What about you Mr. Oakleynutt with 2 "T's"??? :lol:

-Johnny

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey Johnny,, I am working those days, but me and the family are already planning a trip the following thursday through saturday. July 28- August 2. What is this race going on and can I get some info. I dont want it to ruin my family's outing.

·
KUNG FU SAND PANDA
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Johnny,, I am working those days, but me and the family are already planning a trip the following thursday through saturday. July 28- August 2. What is this race going on and can I get some info. I dont want it to ruin my family's outing.
Hey Oakleynutt, you guys might want to pick a different weekend. The Whiplash race is the weekend you are planning on going up there. There will be alot of people/racers that weekend showing up Friday afternoon/night. Are you able to switch hours/days with someone and join us the previous weekend? If the family can't make it, I still got room for one more.

-Johnny

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey Johnny, I cant switch because I just took some days off for my vacation last week and it is in the middle of my workweek. Are they going to have the cinders taped off for the race or is it in a certain area?? That is the only weekend I can get off before my son goes back to school. We might leave wensday and come home friday maybe?? Thanks

oakleynutt

·
KUNG FU SAND PANDA
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
NEED ADVISE...

The only trip we have made to the Cinders was about 2.5 years ago when I had my '05 Raptor 660R and I did not need to rejet it. It seemed to run better in Flagstaff then it did here in the valley.

My question is, should we try Anthony's '04 Raptor without rejetting anything to see how it runs up there? His Raptor is all stock on the motor right now except for a K & N Air filter. No aftermarket intake, just the K & N air filter.

If we need to rejet it, what size jets should we put in to start?

-Johnny

·
Registered
562 Posts
NEED ADVISE...

The only trip we have made to the Cinders was about 2.5 years ago when I had my '05 Raptor 660R and I did not need to rejet it. It seemed to run better in Flagstaff then it did here in the valley.

My question is, should we try Anthony's '04 Raptor without rejetting anything to see how it runs up there? His Raptor is all stock on the motor right now except for a K & N Air filter. No aftermarket intake, just the K & N air filter.

If we need to rejet it, what size jets should we put in to start?

-Johnny
Johnny i can call mark at kenz to find out for you i will let you know tonight :thumb:

·
Registered
562 Posts
hey john ken at cycle tech said go down three jet sizes for the cinders for the 660

1 - 20 of 54 Posts