Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been thinking a lot lately about doing something for my self for the future
i like my current job enough to not quit, but i need to do something i love....

So i think im going to buy a dynojet dyno used from somewhere and run a business out of my house for a while and eventually run it mobile.........
but getting the money to do this is the hard part.........so here is my problem

i was currently in the process of waiting for DASA duals and FCI intake and just got my TB. ported,,,, in need of new paddles and front bumper.........
but now im not so sure i want to dump another 1k into it when that money could go toward my new business.......................saving 20 k is my goal......................OPINIONS??????????????????????????

·
Registered
511 Posts
Dibs on TB and the Duals... :lol:

On a serious note.. That would be cool a mobile dyno... Please to come to Indiana... Go to do what u love..:thumb:

·
Registered
66 Posts
there is a guy here in massachusetts that has a portable dyno.. He goes to a lot of the car shows and events and makes a killing. You figure about 100-200 bucks for a few runs x a few hundred people. Thats a lot of money. Good luck for what ever your decision may be.

·
Super Moderator
5,646 Posts
There is a portable dyno here in Michigan that is for sale. I almost bought it last month until I did some research. With the new FI motors the dyno of old is just not enough. You can get what they call an Eddy Current to add-on to any dynojet dyno. What it does is allow you to hold the bike on a certain RPM with resistance. That way you can tune the PCIII with tons of accuracy. The Eddy current is to large to be added to the mobil dyno I was looking at so I droped the idea. Do your homework and try to do some market research before you buy. Make sure there is a demand in your area. When you have something that is costing you $500 a month you got to be able to make at least that much just to cover it and that does not count any income. Good luck in what ever you do, I just wanted to share my experiences. :thumb:

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
id say over 50% of homes have bikes or quads here..... and there are no dyno shops between las vegas and ontario ca......300 'mi. i live in hesperia which is north of ontario about 40 mi. ill give it a week with the bike for sale then the partout begins.........

·
Registered
152 Posts
what are you asking for the bike my buddy is looking for one bad but hasnt found the right one. i just sent this info to him. we are north of vegas

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
3500 for the bike, ill be getting a stock exhaust to throw on there
call me for more details 951 743 6328 daniel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts