Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does it really make a difference?We'll see!

I decided I want to find out if Engine Ice & inline coolers really make a difference.I have asked alot of people with this mod & it seems like no one has ever tested it or documented the results.Everyone seems to have their opinions on whether it makes a difference or not,so I am going to find out for myself.

I borrowed an infrared thermometer from Uglymotha for the testing process(Thanks buddy!)

I am going to take the idle temperature and the temperature after doing 5 laps at the Lorain County Speedway MX track before & after doing this mod. I will also update this post with the final results next week after I do the final test.

Engine Ice claims to be able to drop the engine temperature up to 50 degrees, while the inline coolers claim to drop the temperature 10 - 15 degrees.

Coolanol

Idling temperature - 151.3 degrees f
Temp after 5 laps - 173.1 degrees f

Engine Ice w/ 2 inline coolers

Idling temperature - 149.4 degrees f
Temp after 5 laps - 165.7 degrees f

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The goods

I will be installing one cooler on the intake hose & the other one on the outtake hose

·
Sponsor - UTILITY JUGS R US
347 Posts
thanx raptor660, should be good info for us Az riders when it's 110 outside to start with :thumb::banana:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
1.9 degrees f cooler while idling

7.4 degrees cooler after 5 laps

Definitely enough temp saving to make a difference whether you overheat or not!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I wont run Engine Ice anymore.It may cool slightly better but for how long?Every motor I have seen that runs engine ice has deposits of blue powdery crud in entire system.That cant help cooling.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Not mine....over 200 hrs on my 780 build and it's been on Engine ice the whole time.....I just drained the coolant and started the winter tear down and the cooling system and water jackets look very clean with no visible deposits or corrosion. Makes me wonder if the ones you have seen were diluted with tap water? When I diluted mine a tad as I was running a little too cool for max HP output, I used distilled water to dilute it.

Randy

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
ive used engine ice since i bought my rappy, now i feel it was worth it after reading this thread...thanks alot

·
Registered
812 Posts
what was the temp when "stock" lol

i run engine ice and no problems with it at all.. i've got clear tubes... no blue powder in any of them

·
Registered
390 Posts
His results prove nothing about how good engine ice is. His results prove that engine ice and 2 inline coolers together make for a nice cooling system. I bet if he changed from engine ice to something else with the inline coolers it would perform the same.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
what was the temp when "stock" lol
Coolanol

Idling temperature - 151.3 degrees f
Temp after 5 laps - 173.1 degrees f

Engine Ice w/ 2 inline coolers

Idling temperature - 149.4 degrees f
Temp after 5 laps - 165.7 degrees f

·
Registered
219 Posts
A better result would be to buy a better radiator like a PWR radiator.
This test was a bit whacky as there was no comparison as to when it was all a standard setup with normal coolant and if the it was all done on the same day and same degress ambient temp

1 - 20 of 27 Posts