Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a code show up after my new build. I took the motor out, put a new 105.5-11:1 JE piston in, had some port work done, and went with a big bore. Now that i am finished with the build, i put the motor back in and now i'm not getting fire. I checked the from a new plug, to the exhaust, and got nothing. Then i noticed the engine light flashed a code 12. So now i am lost. Any & all input would be great! :thumb:

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
check your wiring by the battery/stator and make sure the connectors are going to their correct spot.. they are color matchec

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
backwards

check your wiring by the battery/stator and make sure the connectors are going to their correct spot.. they are color matchec
I hooked the small black plug & white plugs up backwards.. One is hooked to the tail light switch. They fit pretty good, so i thought. Then once i realized they were backwards(when it wouldn't start), i switched them back, to black on black & white on white.

What kind of problems could that have caused me, if any?

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
normally wont cause any issues as its happened to many people before, though it is possible to fry the ecu or blow a fuse

there is also a grey connector with the same style connection in that area.. check it as well.......

had you removed the flywheel or stator from the engine when it was apart?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah man possibly fried ECU no bueno~!

Ok, i will check that once i get home.

I pulled the engine and sent it to my builder, i would have to ask him what he did. He did gut the bottom end, meaning split the cases & replaced a majority of the gears, forks, & cam shifter.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
id loosed the nut for the flywheel and make sure the WOODRUFF key is in place... its common for it to come out of its groove when trying to install the flywheel,,,

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took the hex screw out lastnight, and could see the flywheel nut. But i could not see the woodruff. Do i need to take stator cover off to see the woodruff?

At the same time, i took the screw out to see what my timing looked like, and it didn't look like it was ligned up 100%. The cam gear was at TDC and the little lines on the lower end, was just a hair off. Is this my problem?

Sorry for all the dumb questions. I'm very interested in knowing the "how to's" & more about the raptors.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
the SINGLE line is the TDC marker... the marker on the cam gear will be slightly to the right of the casting peak on the head, id remove the cover and inspect for the woodruff key to be in the proper place and correct orrientation of the flywheel

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took the stator cover off, and a wire was split in two. Spliced the wire back together and we are back in business. Thanks for your help! Very much appreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts