Modded Raptors Forum banner
141 - 160 of 169 Posts

·
Banned
3,303 Posts
I would like to see more turbo 300' raptors.....the best part about 300' racing is there is no guessing or cheating. There is no need for review or someone at the finish line to call winner. You can't jump early and the lights capture the winner......

Leerjak fellas.....seperate the men from the women. Aug 30-sept 2

·
Registered
864 Posts
I think you'll see more before long Brett, there are a few guys working in that direction down south. Will be interesting to see how they run. I'm sure they will be fast.

·
Banned
3,303 Posts
Yeah I heard there was one coming out of La. - I also heard of a turbo DS that will be making a show in Leerjak. Hope the K&T guys get there issues worked out. They got a big target on there back.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Like Troy said, one of the guys down south is building a d7 tial turbo 770 300' raptor, and he already has a n/a 700 running high 3's... I doubt he is building the turbo quad with expectations of it being slower.

·
Registered
443 Posts
We need to just line some up. We have 3 770 builds here that all average mid 80's on my dyno. Now all we need is a stock build, dual injector D7 setup and life is good. I think we are planning a trip in the not too distant future to Killpecker dunes, maybe for Labor Day. Anyone with the turbo setup that is a full weight duner in the area that could make that? I'll be in it way more for the beer drinking and duning, but we always fit in plenty of drag racing here and there. Did I mention the beer drinking part? Another thing nobody is mentioning is the altitude factor. A turbo build at sea level isn't the same monster at all compared to high elevation, an n/a build has no choice. At 9000 feet at Walden, everybody there is down 27% on power except someone with a turbo, they simply up the boost a tad and have their full power. Most places we ride are at least a mile or higher in elevation. I'd love to see a turbo build at elevation, that's where they really stand out. We need to get that new DL 860 build out to Killpecker too, see where our little turds stack up. So who's in for Killpecker?
I am down say when!

·
Registered
331 Posts
This is just sad.... You guys need to get laid or drunk or what ever else you do to get your rocks off. I just get back from a good weekend at the dunes and find all this crap on here and it is crap! So how many of you bashing on Bob have ever had a d7 turbo and had problems? Pipo is the only one that even has a right to bitch. The poor guy drives all the way to the dunes and has his bike and his rino go down. So he gets to spend a week at the dunes borrowing something to ride. THAT SUCKS! As far as not taking care of a customer who do you figure Pipo is a customer to? He has your swing arm set up danny cutting his charge pipe coupler in half. He has English's PCV and starting issues and tune. D7 turbo failed twice, and a R and D trans that is broken. I like to support everyone as well I had you danny dyno my wifes bike. I think you are a good guy but telling another shop they are doing a bad job when your stuff on the same bike is not working. Did you over night Pipo something to fix his problem? No, my friend here in Cody gave him two couplers out of his own stash to keep him running. I didn't see any of you this weekend just a bunch of kawi guys and Pipo. There was some banter about where to run I gave Pipo grief about running on the flats. They came out to thunder and the kawi guys beat up on me but it was fun. I even tried to stop by and grab pipo to go run on the flats but he took of with his family to go to yellowstone, so we did not get to run. My point is this, this is childish shit and it needs to stop. I had a legitimate bitch on my DD cover and these same guys talking shit on this thread had plenty of time to tell me how I screwed it up. Yet Pipo has Frankensteined his bike which is fine it is his bike put parts from every vendor support the community but realize that his bike is no longer just a D7 build! That and at no time did anyone mention to pipo that running the bike with broken trans pieces running around in there will take the whole motor out. Nope we just bash each other and screw Pipo! What a bunch of buddy fuckers! It is only because of the good people I have meet on this forum that I do not just walk away from this petty shit. You don't like D7 great don't buy one. You have a vendeta for bob or tony or pipo fine be a man pick up the phone or walk over and say hey wtf we have a problem. I spent all raptor rally with Bob and Bob Jr., Tony and Pipo and Danny. Guess what not one person had anything negative to say or did anything negative. We get back here and all the negativity starts. This is school girl bullshit. You have a problem with someone personally either pick up the phone or meet them in person and work it out or shut the fuck up. When I have a problem I take care of it like a man...don't believe me, ask Scott from Direct Drive I had a problem with his company QC and we had a problem online when I was at the rally I pulled him aside and we worked it out. There is now no hard feelings from either one of us because it was dealt with. You want to bench race and poke some fun then fine but this shit has gone way beyond poking fun and bench racing! Grow up fellas or grow a set of balls and deal directly with the person.

My 2cents if you have a problem my phone number is 307-250-0681 you have a problem call me if not man enough to talk to someone in person tuck your vagina back in your panties and shut the fuck up!

This is getting way old!
AGREED:thumb:

·
Registered
864 Posts
I think we are shooting for Labor Day weekend mccueauto, if that works for you. Should have a pretty good group of guys and several good running bikes out there. No drag bikes that I know of though, our group is just a bunch of fat old men that like to ride and have a good time. Sound good to you? There will be rzr 900s coming out of the woodwork too and tons of different 4 poke bikes of various builders. Lets make it a mini rally!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Mccueauto, we are only 4 hours from each other so anytime you want to ride with some new peeps we could always meet in the middle, mountains are cool with us!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
Mine is %50 duner and %50 drag..Some times racing on pavement :)

+2/-2 A-Arms
Front Fox Float Shocks
+4 swingarm
JJ&A play axle
Rear Marvin shock
Cutted fenders
lightweight stock rims

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
I know this is an old video but it best represents what I'm able to answer as far as the question.
Were hill people so flat racing is abit out of our element. The hill is Sand Mountain Nv. It at 4200-4800' elevation from bottom to top. The drag hil is 600' tall and from the start to where they finish racing is around 600'-700" of racing give or take. Depending where they start and finish.

This is Jr's quad. At the time it was a stock bore stock stroke.11-1 wiseco piston. It had a +1 head , stock throttle body, running C16 fuel , no timing mods, gearing was 15-36 , had a t-dub +4 swing arm , 10 paddle haulers 72r/o bead to bead, DID 520 MX black and gold chain, Cut fenders, everything else at the time was full stock no weight removed. He always starts in 2nd gear and ends in 4th gear.

The same dual injector kit we sell everyone.........

From the start to 4:33 mins into the video he was running 12psi, from 4:33 to 5:00 mins he was running 16 psi of boost , & 5:47 running 18 psi.

The quad was 80 h/p 68ft lbs. on a non load dyno and 95h/p 80ft lbs on a loaded dyno at 30% load. Even though we tune at 0-50% load. The reason we picked 30% load is because when he was running the hill the data numbers. ( turbo speed , exhaust temps, back pressure , intake temps / pressure , rpm , wheel speed , boost , ect.) all matched dyno to hill.

You can see in the video he launches really good , The front really never comes up high , And he carries the front really light up to the top. Shit points are made in the power band , the end of the run is rev'ed out to the end of the power band.
It's not that the quad made allot more power then the others. It was mostly all in the set-up.

We can help if you want to race 300-500' flats . But you will have to expect to lose a few race's , you will need to give good feed back , and keep an open mind to set up, start at low boost and tune up from there. We have lots of options and can help you get it dialed in for any type of racing you want.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
My personal quad is set up allot like John mccueauto's wife's quad except I run mine at 12psi max.

Full fendered full weight duner , 15-38 gears , 10 paddle haulers. Where I enjoy it the most is when I'm comming up a hill or duning the rollers I can roll the throttle on an pull like a bat out of hell with the front lifting through all the gears . Not an easy task for a fat man on a duner.:lol:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Sorry no labor day I already have spot reserved for Idaho Dunes! There is going to be a live band and some people coming that I am meeting up with. Sorry man you should go to Idaho instead of kill!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Im not here to stir the crap but i have gotten to know ragged edge group well , id like to know what bikes they swap wins with.. last week was the first weekend we even brought out a drag bike and we raced pipo and a few kawis with it .. we also raced the same guys with our duner that also won everytime ragged edge was not there but i have plenty of video of them from this year, like i said there a great bunch of guys...
Here is my favorite video of his razor. And Brindley I think you know I trade wins with the razor all the time! :rockon: Last time Misty had to come out on the grey and white bike and spank me just for fun but I do get the razor on occasion. I am looking through video to find it but your memory must be slipping I believe mike and tony were going back and fourth the last time we raced! Its ok if I spanked me as much as you guys do I would only remember the big w's as well.:lol::beerchug:

Anywho here is the vid that thing kicks ass!

·
Banned
401 Posts
I know this is an old video but it best represents what I'm able to answer as far as the question.
Were hill people so flat racing is abit out of our element. The hill is Sand Mountain Nv. It at 4200-4800' elevation from bottom to top. The drag hil is 600' tall and from the start to where they finish racing is around 600'-700" of racing give or take. Depending where they start and finish.

This is Jr's quad. At the time it was a stock bore stock stroke.11-1 wiseco piston. It had a +1 head , stock throttle body, running C16 fuel , no timing mods, gearing was 15-36 , had a t-dub +4 swing arm , 10 paddle haulers 72r/o bead to bead, DID 520 MX black and gold chain, Cut fenders, everything else at the time was full stock no weight removed. He always starts in 2nd gear and ends in 4th gear.

The same dual injector kit we sell everyone.........

From the start to 4:33 mins into the video he was running 12psi, from 4:33 to 5:00 mins he was running 16 psi of boost , & 5:47 running 18 psi.

The quad was 80 h/p 68ft lbs. on a non load dyno and 95h/p 80ft lbs on a loaded dyno at 30% load. Even though we tune at 0-50% load. The reason we picked 30% load is because when he was running the hill the data numbers. ( turbo speed , exhaust temps, back pressure , intake temps / pressure , rpm , wheel speed , boost , ect.) all matched dyno to hill.

You can see in the video he launches really good , The front really never comes up high , And he carries the front really light up to the top. Shit points are made in the power band , the end of the run is rev'ed out to the end of the power band.
It's not that the quad made allot more power then the others. It was mostly all in the set-up.

We can help if you want to race 300-500' flats . But you will have to expect to lose a few race's , you will need to give good feed back , and keep an open mind to set up, start at low boost and tune up from there. We have lots of options and can help you get it dialed in for any type of racing you want.
I thought 15psi was max on the dual injector kits

·
Registered
791 Posts
Keep in mind, the only big n/a raptors I raced werent drag builds...they were full weight duners. But there are a TON of 450 based lightweight drag builds, some of them very fast (n/a mmad 585 yfz, mmad 513 yfz with nitrous, n/a 535 trx, n/a 533 trx, 501 yfz with nitrous, etc), and those are the quads I was comparing to off of the line.
dont under estimate a yfz! heres my old yfz585 racing a 770 with nos..:thumb:

·
Registered
618 Posts
dont under estimate a yfz! heres my old yfz585 racing a 770 with nos..:thumb:
Rub dubs yfz 585 - YouTube

Trust me, I have the utmost respect for what a YFZ can do...the local 585 is a freaking monster...it did 82hp all motor last year. He dialed it back a little this year (75 motor) and is now spraying a 30 shot on top of it. We were very close last year when he was all motor and I was stock motor with 15psi. This year...I don't know if I will be able to keep up with him now that he is spraying even with my new build. I watched him nipping at the asses of some VERY fast 18 mil banshees over Memorial Weekend, and I know at least one of those 'shees is into the 3.8's.

141 - 160 of 169 Posts