Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got into a bunch of chiggers while weedeating a ditch at my fiances fathers house. If you have never had them you better hope you dont. Its been a week and a half since i got ate up and still looks horrible. No telling how long it will be on me. Ive put all kinds of stuff on them. Alcohol, calymine (sp) lotion, cortizone 10, lanacane, chiggerex, itch spray, etc. Its really really really itchy.
this is my left leg.. both legs look the same really. It stops about an inch above my knee or so.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they are microscopic red bugs.. google chiggers and check em out. you may have them were you live. this is by far the worst case i have gotten. ive had 4 or 5 red bites before but nothing like this..

·
Registered
812 Posts
Chigger
Oval with red velvety covering. Sometimes almost colorless. Larva has six legs. Harmless adult has eight and resembles a small spider. Very tiny-about 1/20 inch long. Found in low damp places covered with vegetation: shaded woods, high grass or weeds, fruit orchards. Also lawns and golf courses. From Canada to Argentina. Attaches itself to the skin by inserting mouth-parts into a hair follicle Injects a digestive fluid that causes cells to disintegrate. Then feeds on cell parts. It does not suck blood.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It sounds funny but cover your legs with clear nail polish and let it dry. Its smothers the chiggers and kills them. I hate those little sum bitches.

·
Kuwait All Stars
234 Posts
Dont forget the eyeliner and blush:wtf:
It sounds funny but cover your legs with clear nail polish and let it dry. Its smothers the chiggers and kills them. I hate those little sum bitches.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Yea, chiggers suck and itch very badly. Atleast its only on your legs!

·
Registered
2,853 Posts

i have heard that works also..

you might need more then one bottle.. you got it bad..

·
Registered
284 Posts
I used to live in Kansas and we had them bad there but now in California there is no problem

·
Registered
158 Posts
We have relatives in Missouri. I hate visiting that area in the summer. The ticks and chiggers are EVERYWHERE! I just stay inside and away from the grassy areas. I hate those suckers. I'm very happy to live in the dry desert southwest where all we have to worry about is staying out of the sun during the summer. :thumb:

·
Kuwait All Stars
234 Posts
It may poison ivy....just a thought. Ive had chiggers before and never that bad.......poison ivy or poison oak.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Now that you mention it, that does look just like a poison oak rash.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts